Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I KNOW what happened at the end of the game

Landryslegend

Please, dont take this as trolling just because Im a Cowboys fan. In my opinion when TB set up to go for the tying extra point Gibbs instructed the defence to jump off sides on purpose. WHY, because its like taking a time out to ICE the kicker without being charged for one because you only had one left and needed it. Nothing to lose, only half the distance. Then it happened again on the blocked kick and it gave Gruden his chance. Think it pizzed Gruden off because it was a way of circumventing the rules so he took it in his own hands and ended it. Thats what it looked like to me anyway.

I think while your point is of a realistic nature, I also think that you're 100% incorrect. Instructing the team to jump offsides on an extra point is a terrible coaching decision, and I know Coach Gibbs wouldn't do something like that. Especially considering we didn't actually jump. We flinched, they moved, we got the offsides call.

The second time was a close call as well, but the two "block" men were slightly offsides.

I think we went for the block and the win!!

the offsides made it 1 yard instead of 2 and they have Alsott...

I was actually more refering to the 1st offsides then the second. Hey, could be. It really is like iceing a kicker without getting charged the T.O. And truthfully, few coaches would actually go for the 2 pointer so you could pull it off with minimal chance for retribution. But not today. Today was more the exception than the rule.

I was actually more refering to the 1st offsides then the second. Hey, could be. It really is like iceing a kicker without getting charged the T.O. And truthfully, few coaches would actually go for the 2 pointer so you could pull it off with minimal chance for retribution. But not today. Today was more the exception than the rule.

I just got back from the game. the first offsides on the pat, the refs assesed

a 5 yard penalty to be inforced on the insuing kickoff.

The second time is when they moved the ball to the 1 yard line, and in came Alstot. The defence should not have moved (hindsite 20/20) it was undisapplined on thier part and could have cost us the game IMO.

goodness, how frikin cheap is that. they knew good and damn well that he wasnt in, but clearly said he was b/c of homefield advantage. BS call by the BS refs. The least they could have done was look at it clearly but just didnt want the bucs to lose 2 straight at home. F them and what goes around comes around. They will pay for this is the future.

Please, dont take this as trolling just because Im a Cowboys fan. In my opinion when TB set up to go for the tying extra point Gibbs instructed the defence to jump off sides on purpose. WHY, because its like taking a time out to ICE the kicker without being charged for one because you only had one left and needed it. Nothing to lose, only half the distance. Then it happened again on the blocked kick and it gave Gruden his chance. Think it pizzed Gruden off because it was a way of circumventing the rules so he took it in his own hands and ended it. Thats what it looked like to me anyway.

I think thats some Madden Online B.S., not football. I knew as soon as we were called offsides trying to block the kick that Gruden would go for it. It was just our D tryin to make a game winning play and a smart call by Gruden when he has Alstott running the rock

Man, I am sick of these games that come down to one or two controversial calls by the refs. The people that say that it shouldn't come down to that, are full of crap. In close games the refs can have a huge influence - and when they blow it, it's really critical. When you lose fair and square that's one thing. When you lose like this it stinks. Everyone wants to take the high road and say "turnovers killed us" or "we couldn't stop them when we needed to" - that's bull we should have won that game and the refs gave it to Tampa!

utterly ridiculous allstot is practically unstoppable on short yardage stuff why the hell would anyone want to try to defend him from inside the 2 yd line

Man, I am sick of these games that come down to one or two controversial calls by the refs. The people that say that it shouldn't come down to that, are full of crap. In close games the refs can have a huge influence - and when they blow it, it's really critical. When you lose fair and square that's one thing. When you lose like this it stinks. Everyone wants to take the high road and say "turnovers killed us" or "we couldn't stop them when we needed to" - that's bull we should have won that game and the refs gave it to Tampa!

stop all this refs gave it away bullpuckey!! did you not see the first half when the skins turned it over 3 times that is what cost us this game, the Denver game and the KC game.. Gibbs knows this and raves about it every week

I'm so ****ing pissed. Everytime I look at that photo. Theres no ****ing possible way that could have been a touchdown. Touch your hand to your shoulder and tell me how that oculd have been a touchdown!!! GRrrrrrr how could they have made that call?!?! :cuss:

This was almost as ****ty of a call as the original tuck call against the raiders.

</rant>

Archived