Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Superbowl is this week!

PREDICTOR

Homers and trolls and the rest of us are all arguing back and forth if the Skins are done for the season or if Joe Gibbs can take his Hall of Fame resume into the locker room this Sunday and create magic.

But we can all agree on one thing: this game will determine the Skins season.

If the Skins are going to have a winning season and make the playoffs and be a real contender...then by God its time to step up to the plate and do something. If they lose back to back games against 2 NFC East teams then the REALITY is that they don't deserve any praise from homers because they are not a first rate team.

Look, the Redskins have now lost 3 out of 4 games. Do championship teams lose 3 out of 4? I don't think so. So, if the Skins lose this week, thats 4 out of 5, and they can hang it up and begin planning for free agency.

If they win, and end the first half of the season at 5-3....then they will be in the race through the end of the year. This IS the Redskins Superbowl this week!

I agree 100 percent. Im getting tired of getting owned in our own division. These players need to look in the mirror and suck it up. Leave everything on the field. We have been OUTPLAYING teams, sans the Dallas and Giants game, and losing because we cant do something that they teach you in pop freaking warner: PROTECT THE FOOTBALL! If we lose to Philly its probably over. If we win we will be 2-1 in the divison. Not bad. But we gotta, just gotta start winning games in this division. IF we can finish the first half of the season 5-3, that would be awesome. But these players have to want it. I think Joe Gibbs has done a great job coaching, but Joe cant catch the ball for you. Joe cant block the DE from sacking the qb. Joe cant help keep containment on the right side of the DLine to keep from getting gashed on long runs. Joe cant get on the field with you and hold your freakin hand. Be a professional, and get out their and play football. This is a Joe Gibbs team. Dont embarress the Washington Redskins like Sunday ever again. Ever!! :mad: :mad:

Rant Over!

I left off one very important point. The Redskins are -9...that minus nine in the turnover ratio department.

If this team can end up 5-3 in the first half of the season having lost the turnover battle by that kind of ratio....then just by having a positive turnover ratio in the 2nd of the season should allow them to win the division.

Everything boils down to one game now.

I agree that it's a big game as far as confidence is concerned (ie we at least need to play well), but it's still not the end all be all.

Even if we lose, I think we'll beat Tampa and Oakland and be 6-4 heading into the Chargers, Rams, and Cardinals stretch. We'll win 2 out of 3 there (which ones, I don't know...I think San Diego is beatable at home and the Rams game we could easily lose).

That would put us at 8-5 heading into the final three games, all against the NFC East teams, two of them at home.

It seems winning those division games could just as easily end up being "the" games.

I agree that it's a big game as far as confidence is concerned (ie we at least need to play well), but it's still not the end all be all.

Even if we lose, I think we'll beat Tampa and Oakland and be 6-4 heading into the Chargers, Rams, and Cardinals stretch. We'll win 2 out of 3 there (which ones, I don't know...I think San Diego is beatable at home and the Rams game we could easily lose).

That would put us at 8-5 heading into the final three games, all against the NFC East teams, two of them at home.

It seems winning those division games could just as easily end up being "the" games.

So Wilbur...let's understand this. You can see the Skins losing this weekend...thats losing 4 out of 5 games...but then they win 3 out of 4 after that nice little losing streak.

My goodness...I think I have just found one of those homers. More power to you.

Exactly, took the words right out of my mouth. Its a looong season guys, however I do see this game as a 'must-win' for the team, simply because we ARE on a bad losing streak losing 3 out of the last 4.

So Wilbur...let's understand this. You can see the Skins losing this weekend...thats losing 4 out of 5 games...but then they win 3 out of 4 after that nice little losing streak.

Its all about matchups. The Eagles are a very good football team, albeit inconsistent this year. The Bucs are very vulnerable, especially without their starting QB now. The Raiders D is atrocious and well be at home, and the Cards and Rams are very very flawed teams. Of course anything can happen in the NFL but its a very realistic scenario.

Well, one stretch has Denver, Kansas City, New York, and Philly and the other has Oakland, St. Louis, and Arizona.

It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

They could lose to some tough teams in this stretch, get healthy against some weaker teams, and then come back at the end of the season and beat the division rivals when they're presumably more ready. And like I detailed above, it's perfectly plausible they could do this and get into the playoffs with a 10-6 record. If they went into those final three games at 8-5, they'd likely just have to win two and they'd be in.

So coming out and saying they absolutely HAVE to win this Sunday is premature.... it is homerism in disguise.

Soft O and D Lines. This team was faulty even when you guys were off to the quick start. Should have never beaten Seattle or Dallas. I don't care how badly you execute, how inspired the opposition is, 36-0, thats not a good sign. Giants are good, but if you guys are as good as some of yous think, does a NY team kick you guys that bad

I agree 100 percent. Im getting tired of getting owned in our own division. These players need to look in the mirror and suck it up. Leave everything on the field. We have been OUTPLAYING teams, sans the Dallas and Giants game, and losing because we cant do something that they teach you in pop freaking warner: PROTECT THE FOOTBALL! If we lose to Philly its probably over. If we win we will be 2-1 in the divison. Not bad. But we gotta, just gotta start winning games in this division. IF we can finish the first half of the season 5-3, that would be awesome. But these players have to want it. I think Joe Gibbs has done a great job coaching, but Joe cant catch the ball for you. Joe cant block the DE from sacking the qb. Joe cant help keep containment on the right side of the DLine to keep from getting gashed on long runs. Joe cant get on the field with you and hold your freakin hand. Be a professional, and get out their and play football. This is a Joe Gibbs team. Dont embarress the Washington Redskins like Sunday ever again. Ever!! :mad: :mad:

Rant Over!

:applause: :cheers: :helmet:

Wilbur...you have to agree that 10-6 would seem more realistic if we finish the first half of the season at 5-3 rather than finishing out the first half by losing 4 out of 5 games. WOuld you agree to that?

This is the exact same boat Dallas was in going into Arizona. 4-4, in the NFC east, that gives you very little leeway in the 2nd half of the season.

I put a long post about this in the Devil's advocate thread.

If you guys drop 4 out of 5, 2 to divisional opponents, those wins against Dallas and Seattle will seem even more flukey.

Soft O and D Lines. This team was faulty even when you guys were off to the quick start. Should have never beaten Seattle or Dallas. I don't care how badly you execute, how inspired the opposition is, 36-0, thats not a good sign. Giants are good, but if you guys are as good as some of yous think, does a NY team kick you guys that bad

Yeah, it hapens to good teams all the time.....even superbowl teams.

bawwkkk2.gif

Homers and trolls and the rest of us are all arguing back and forth if the Skins are done for the season or if Joe Gibbs can take his Hall of Fame resume into the locker room this Sunday and create magic.

If the Skins are going to have a winning season and make the playoffs and be a real contender...then by God its time to step up to the plate and do something. If they lose back to back games against 2 NFC East teams then the REALITY is that they don't deserve any praise from homers because they are not a first rate team.

Look, the Redskins have now lost 3 out of 4 games. Do championship teams lose 3 out of 4? I don't think so. So, if the Skins lose this week, thats 4 out of 5, and they can hang it up and begin planning for free agency.

If they win, and end the first half of the season at 5-3....then they will be in the race through the end of the year. This IS the Redskins Superbowl this week!

I don't think this is the case. Don't forget we are 1-1 in the division right now so if we lose to the Eagles then we are 1-2 with both the Giants and Dallas having to play us at FedEx. Where I would agree with you is if we lose and play as bad as we did against the Giants. If our offense comes out and can't do anything and we look like we did against the Giants of worse like last year when Brunell was playing then yes we are in huge trouble. But if we play the Eagles like we did here last year at FedEx and lose then you have to say we still have a chance because we do have major injuries on the DL and OL also Cooley. Naruraly we will lose momentum but if the game is close at least we can be proud of our playing.

Then we have TB that right now has no offense and then Arizona and the Rams. All winable games. So going 4-4 with a very good effort still allows us to hope. Going 4-4 being once again blown out-looking like zombies-yes we can pack it in.

Say Billy did you watch the Seattle game? The only reason they had the field goal opportunity to win the game was because of a fluke INT. In fact we have been as dominate at our house as any other team in the NFC east.

Like I said I don't know if we are going to beat the Eagles this week but something must be said of a team that has a winning record against the type of competition we have played when the are -9 on turnovers......I will tell you what. You put the Giants, Bengals, Denver, or whatever other team you want at that turnover ratio and see where they are at.

For me win lose this Sunday is how we play as a team. Sure we can lose, especially with Griffin, Cooley, Samuels, out. But if we play like we did last year and lose, then I will be almost ok with it because lets face it the Skins will have 4 very winable games. However if we do play as bad as we did against the Giants then we are in trouble.

As of right now I like to think the Giants game, with all the BS about their owner and us comming out flat and turning the ball over that much as a fluke. Time will tell.

One more thing. I am so F-ing sick of hearing how we should have lost that Dallas game. Other than a trick play please remind me what did Dallas do to deserve to win it in the first place?

I seem to recall a Patriots team that was 5-5. They won the Super Bowl.

4-4 isn't the end of it all. This one game won't determine the season. It's definitely our biggest of the year though. I think too many fans are panicking. The season is only half over and who knows what the second half will bring.

If we want to win this game we need to

1. Bench Brunell and put in Ramsey

2. Bench Portis and put in Cartwright or Broughton

3. Bench Patten and put in Jacobs

4. Bench Marshall and put in McCune(off the practice squad)

5. Bench Harris for Carlos Rogers

6. Bench Samuals for Anyone else

Because if we lose again, this is the kind of crap your going to start to see on these forums. Figure I'd get the jump start on it, just incase..

I think we win this one though big time ;p

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

i agree- this is by far the biggest game we've played this year and its must win if our season's goal is playoffs or more. If the goal is to improve upon last season and continue building (why dont i just throw up now), then this isn't must win b/c we'll still be 4-4 (2 games better than the 2-6 we were last year).

I posted this earlier in the week but I'll post it again....

since our last division crown in '99 we are 7-23 (excluding this year) against the gints, egirls and pukes. To make the playoffs we MUST win this game.

I seem to recall a Patriots team that was 5-5. They won the Super Bowl.

4-4 isn't the end of it all. This one game won't determine the season. It's definitely our biggest of the year though. I think too many fans are panicking. The season is only half over and who knows what the second half will bring.

Not panicing, just accepting the moment for what it is....HUGE. It's something I think Gibbs does very well.

Fuel to the fire:

The 2001 Pats that came out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl at 1-2 that year went into a 2 game stretch against division foes:

Week 3 Sep 30 W 44-13 vs Indianapolis Colts

Week 4 Oct 7 L 30-10 at Miami Dolphins

After murdering the colts (our 49ers) they got killed 30-10 in Miami

Similarities???? maybe a few....

Not panicing, just accepting the moment for what it is....HUGE. It's something I think Gibbs does very well.

I've read alot of doom and gloom. Patience is key right now. This team is doing things I never imagined. Especially after last season's horrible offensive showing. I never in a million years thought that the offense would have scored late in Denver giving us a chance to tie and then maybe win. Or that both K.C. and Denver would have been held to less than 300 yards of total offense. This team is good but we need a break or two.

I've read alot of doom and gloom. Patience is key right now. This team is doing things I never imagined. Especially after last season's horrible offensive showing. I never in a million years thought that the offense would have scored late in Denver giving us a chance to tie and then maybe win. Or that both K.C. and Denver would have been held to less than 300 yards of total offense. This team is good but we need a break or two.

Couldn't agree more, and I'd love to see more people viewing Sunday night's game as an opportunity rather than an obstacle.

Archived