Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get rid of Portis?

Rodriggo

At this point in the tenure of Portis in Washington(23 games) and especially after last week where he was again a (multi-multi-multi-million dollar)

non-factor I find myself asking a couple of questions:

Wouldn't you rather have Stephen Davis? YESSSSSSSSS

Should we have traded Champ for Portis? NO

What do you guys think?

We need to get some value for this turd. We paid for an everydown, explosive starting running back and got a pansy who can't play two descent games in a row. Believe me I want it to be the first play from scrimmage against TB every game but it's not, not even close. I think we can get by with Betts, at least he can run the counter-trey.

i think that you need to calm it, portis is not the problem. your view along with everyone else that hates on portis just shows lack of footblal knowledge and i usually dont attack people on a message board because i dont think its right, but im sick of people blaming stuff on portis. yes, he culd be better, that being said HE IS NOT THE PROBELM.

Portis is an economic problem for the Skins.

We have too much money tied up on a guy that takes drives off at a time.

We should get value for him, like a DE, CB, WR, positions we really need.

Betts is not a great back but he could have scored three TDs and had 100 yds. against the 49ers and would not have been any worse than Portis last Sunday.

i think rodriggo is right...we shoulda have kept DAVIS...gibbs is an idiot for employing the fun n gun offense and dumping davis for god old trung...oh wait a minute...that was spurrier that got rid of him NEVERMIND

champ wanted out...anyway...so good riddance...portis isnt the problem...and when he starts to produce bigger numbers...i can bet certain haters will be the first ones to sweat his balls....

when tomlinson had a under 20 yrd performance in philly two weeks ago...i didnt hear too many cut LTs...stop cry and and trust...and have faith...and STOP THE DAMN OVERRATED/CUT(BLANK) threads....

MERGE!!

At this point in the tenure of Portis in Washington(23 games) and especially after last week where he was again a (multi-multi-multi-million dollar)

What do you guys think?

We need to get some value for this turd. We paid for an everydown, explosive starting running back and got a pansy who can't play two descent games in a row. Believe me I want it to be the first play from scrimmage against TB every game but it's not, not even close. I think we can get by with Betts, at least he can run the counter-trey.

I smell troll .... that wears green and white

What do you guys think?

Portis is a top flight back. Remember when he was in Denver the offensive line was a zone blocking line, that basicly blocked areas and gaps, so that the cut back lanes would be there. He also had a fullback in front of him paving the way as well. They also did a lot of chop blocking and cutting. In Washington it is more of a man on man type of scheme. With some pulling by the guards and tackles, with no fullback. I think they should incorporate the fullback more in the offense, and let Portis run behind him. Portis will be fine. He will be in the Pro Bowl this year.

I'm not implying Gibbs got rid of Davis. I'm simply imagining a parallel universe where we have a running back that can find the hole and hit it like a Mack truck and once through said hole not fall over himself like a stumbling idiot. I would rather have a beat up slower Stephen Davis than a total non-factor like Portis.

What do you guys think?

Who do you think is better? Who do you think is better in the NFC? He is no worse then the third best back in the conference. The only guys that might be better is Shaun Alexander, and Steve Jackson, and if those guys are better, it is not by much. I think he is as good as those guys, so you could make the agrument that he is the best back in the conference.

Portis is an economic problem for the Skins.

We have too much money tied up on a guy that takes drives off at a time.

We should get value for him, like a DE, CB, WR, positions we really need.

Betts is not a great back but he could have scored three TDs and had 100 yds. against the 49ers and would not have been any worse than Portis last Sunday.

takes drives off??????? you think he goes up to GIBBS and says" I'm not going in on this drive"? ugh, no. He had F'n 9 carries in the entire game. Are you saying the Chargers should get rid of LT because he only had 7 yards against Philly. :doh:

When are people going to stop pining away for Bailey and wishing the Portis/ Bailey trade never happened?????

This is really stupid. First of all, Champ was GONE. HE was tired of a different coach every year. We either lose him for nothing or get value for him. We ended up getting a top-flite back that hasn't done what he did in Denver, but is still better than any back that Skins have had for the last 12 years since Gibbs left the first time (with the possible exception of Stephen Davis).

Not only that, Champ was tremendously overrated and has made plays like last weekend's toasting by TO many times, hamstring or not. I never liked him as a Skin and always thought he got beat for too many touchdowns to be considered "one of the best in the game". Compare Shawn Springs to him. Do you honestly think Champ played that much better than Springs does right now? I would say no way. In fact, I think Springs is overall better than Champ - doesn't get beat long as much, tackles better, etc.

As for Portis, the guy is quick, hits the hole and gets over 4 yards per carry. He had over 1300 last year and is on par to do it again this year. He is one of the top 10 running backs in the league every year. He might have a little tripping problem right now but he is no slouch. When we open up holes for him, he produces. :2cents:

Next weeks statline for Clint:

12 carries, 23.3 yds., 0 tds

Great f*cking back.

Portis makes Ricky Earvins look like Walter Payton.

Okay, I guess you don't want to have a real discussion about this. Instead you want to act like a jerk. You should be kicked off the board with crap like this.

Archived