Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey folks, before drawing any sweeping conclusions from the Giants game . . .

goldenster95

Let's wait to see how the Iggles game pans out. Good Lord, some of the circumstances that factored into our loss were unique to that game and/or fixable. They included:

1. The Mara factor. [unique]

2. The Pierce and Hass factor. [unique] How many times were our defenders out of position? No NFL defense is out of place that many times, much less our defense. It certainly helps to know where to run the ball or throw it when you know Taylor will be covering for Springs when Springs puts on the CB blitz.

3. Sloppy play and loss of focus leading to turnovers and dropped passes. [very fixable]

4. In a related point, the "Fat Cat" syndrome after winning big against the Niners. [unique and also very fixable]

5. Not giving the ball to Portis (or Betts). [unique and once again very fixable]

Of course, there are some other lingering issues such as the lack of a pass rush. However, the foregoing factors are something to strongly suggest that this won't happen again either. How to tell? Only time will do that.

Until then, let's stop with all the apocalyptic proclamations and urgings for soul searching. One bad game and it's time to rip on everyone but Brunell or Moss. Yeah, Portis was a bad trade, Samuels is a horrid offensive lineman, etc., etc., etc. . . .

C'mon y'all . . . get a grip . . .

i honestly dont believe that the AP and hass factor was even a factor..if thats true, how come we didnt absolutly destroy the giants last year wtih griffin/ryan clark etc...IMO it was just our execution/blocking....hopefully your right and everything is very fixable

i honestly dont believe that the AP and hass factor was even a factor..if thats true, how come we didnt absolutly destroy the giants last year wtih griffin/ryan clark etc...IMO it was just our execution/blocking....hopefully your right and everything is very fixable

Last year, Coughlin was a new coach, so that wouldn't apply to any G-men we had then. However, your point, in general, is a valid one. Unfortunately, the 'Skins tend to be rather set in their ways when they do things. Remember when Theismann was in the announcer's booth shortly after he retired? He was actually calling on the air what they particular play would be. Apparently, the 'Skins called CBS and got Joe to stop doing that.

I mean no disrespect, but I am growing very tired of hearing fans attribute the loss to Wellington Mara. Yes, I've heard he was close to Shockey, Barber, and Strahan, but to 95% of the players and coaches on the team, he was probably no more than the guy who signs the paychecks.

I'm also tired of everybody overreacting over Pierce's and Hasselbeck's influence. Teams play against teams with former players all the time. With this logic in mind, maybe we shouldn't even bother showing up on Sunday night because the Eagles have McCants.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Maybe we should just face the facts instead. When teams force us into passing situations and take away Moss, we have no one else to throw to. Our offensive line struggles in pass protection, even with max protection on most pass plays. The right side of our defense is a joke. Our coaches, mainly offensive coaches, can't make adjustments during the game to counter the opposing defense. As I said, make all the excuses you want, but major weaknesses on our team were exposed Sunday.

I mean no disrespect, but I am growing very tired of hearing fans attribute the loss to Wellington Mara. Yes, I've heard he was close to Shockey, Barber, and Strahan, but to 95% of the players and coaches on the team, he was probably no more than the guy who signs the paychecks.

I'm also tired of everybody overreacting over Pierce's and Hasselbeck's influence. Teams play against teams with former players all the time. With this logic in mind, maybe we shouldn't even bother showing up on Sunday night because the Eagles have McCants.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Maybe we should just face the facts instead. When teams force us into passing situations and take away Moss, we have no one else to throw to. Our offensive line struggles in pass protection, even with max protection on most pass plays. The right side of our defense is a joke. Our coaches, mainly offensive coaches, can't make adjustments during the game to counter the opposing defense. As I said, make all the excuses you want, but major weaknesses on our team were exposed Sunday.

You may want to avoid it, but the Mara factor played at least SOME part in this game. And with the special relationship he had to his players, it took on more of an influence than you're giving it. Having said that, that factor alone shouldn't have resulted in what happened on Sunday.

As for Pierce and Hass, the offensive and defensive systems and philosophies we run and espouse are too much the same year in and year out. And say what you want, but Tiki Barber spelled it out really well on how he pulled off his first run. That was completely what Pierce told them.

You guys should remember, about two years ago, the Patriots lost their first game of the season 36-0 because they were playing against a Buffallo team that had both Bledsoe and Lawayer Milloy firing the entire team up. The two teams played again later in the season, with the Patriots beating the Bills by the same score 36-0, and then going on to win the Super bowl. Here is to the skins doing the same this year.

Cheers.

You may want to avoid it, but the Mara factor played at least SOME part in this game. And with the special relationship he had to his players, it took on more of an influence than you're giving it. Having said that, that factor alone shouldn't have resulted in what happened on Sunday.

As for Pierce and Hass, the offensive and defensive systems and philosophies we run and espouse are too much the same year in and year out. And say what you want, but Tiki Barber spelled it out really well on how he pulled off his first run. That was completely what Pierce told them.

No matter the defensive scheme, you have to keep your gap assignments, you have to make tackles, and you can't just assume the offense's next move. The Giants self-scouted themselves and gameplanned against their tendencies. Don't teams do that every week, or only when former players of the opposition are on the team? It also isn't Pierce that is responsible for the deficiencies on the right side of our defense, the missed tackles, and the non-existent pass rush. We lost because of our own weaknesses that were exposed and taken advantage of, not because of Pierce and Hasselbeck.

It's very simple. We were missing in the fundamental department. We couldn't block, tackle, or catch.

I believe we got a big dose of the big head syndrome after our lopsided victory over the 49ers last week. All the media and all the hype had the skins believing the Giant game would be a cake walk. I mean, everybody was picking the skins to get the win.

Then it only took a couple of plays for our guys to realize that the Giants were going to defend their turf with everything they had. Our skins were caught with their pants down folks. That's all there is to it. Wellington Mara had absolutely nothing to do with this.

It's time to regroup!

The Skins were upset that their bye came too early in the season and thus decided to take another yesterday. I'm getting sick of the whole Wellington Mara excuse as well. The Skins were smelling themselves all last week, and it showed on Sunday.

Yup you hit it right on the head they were flying high they needed this . Now they can turn their attention the Eagles this week.

Archived