Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yes, I am a Giants fan, but I'd like to talk about something we can all agree on...

TellYourMomThanks

who played the best for skins during their trouncing?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. who played the best for skins during their trouncing?

• Ryan Clark
    • Taylor Jacobs
    • ST
    • aesh, I honestly cant think of a 4th option.

That's one of the things that changed with free agency. It used to be the other team was the enemy. Even if a player was friends with somebody on another team, when the game was being played, that person had the same target on them everyone else did. You only talked to players on the other team if you were talking smack, getting in their heads, telling them you're coming for them all day. You didn't help a player from the opposing team up off the ground. You didn't say anything more friendly than "screw you".

Now they all want to show what great "buddies" they are, since there's a chance they'll end up on the same team some day anyway, or played on the same team in the past. It's also a sign that players don't take their job as seriously as they used to.

The worst thing is seeing them congratulate a player on the opposing team after he makes a good play. What the hell are they thinking?

Another thing that baffles me is celebrating when you're getting your a$$ handed to you. The Redskins were down 29-0 when Demetric Evans got a sack, then stomped 10 yards past Eli and threw his arms up in the air. JUST GET BACK TO THE HUDDLE!!!

That drove me crazy too...I couldn't believe he was drawing attention to himself after that play.

He should have been forced to draw attention to himself after all the 40+ yard runs too!

That's one of the things that changed with free agency. It used to be the other team was the enemy. Even if a player was friends with somebody on another team, when the game was being played, that person had the same target on them everyone else did. You only talked to players on the other team if you were talking smack, getting in their heads, telling them you're coming for them all day. You didn't help a player from the opposing team up off the ground. You didn't say anything more friendly than "screw you".

Now they all want to show what great "buddies" they are, since there's a chance they'll end up on the same team some day anyway, or played on the same team in the past. It's also a sign that players don't take their job as seriously as they used to.

The worst thing is seeing them congratulate a player on the opposing team after he makes a good play. What the hell are they thinking?

don't forget that most players (esp. top players) share the same agents as well, which frequently makes them friendly during the off-season

That drove me crazy too...I couldn't believe he was drawing attention to himself after that play.

He should have been forced to draw attention to himself after all the 40+ yard runs too!

I couldn't agree more, all the players in the NFL now do it. It's absolutely absurd. They make a tackle and they jump around like they've never done it before. Marcus Washington is a perfect example. Just play the damn game, and act like you've scored a touchdown, made a tackle, or a sack before.

Archived