Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NO reason to panic yet. Plenty of time for that after NEXT week..........

kleese

Let's just get something out there that needs to be said:

1. If we beat the Eagles next week, then we are in GREAT shape at 5-3 overall, 2-1 in the division. We can call the first half of the season a success, and look forward to a run for the playoffs the rest of the way.

2. If we lose to the Eagles next week, we are most likely going nowhere this year. We'll be a middling 4-4 and a below average 1-2 in the division. It will mean we've lost 4 out of 5 and pretty much erased our hot start.

In other words, IMO, if we win next week, we are quite LIKELY a playoff team. If we lose next week, we are quite likely NOT a playoff team.

We NEEDED to win 1 of these 2-- both would have been gravy, but 1 was a MUST. And if you're going to lose one, better to lose the road game seeing we get another shot at the Giants later at home.

Remember this-- the NFL is schizo. The 49ers were embarrased last week, and then went out and beat a 5-1 team. What happens this doesn't necessarily translate to next week.

We were AWFUL today. Just dreadful. A horrible coaching job across the board, and the players were sloppy and lifeless. The Giants dominated us physically and mentally.

The Giants are a better team than the Redskins. After today, that's a fact.

But that's just today.

This in totally in our hands. The win at Dallas really gives us something to hang our hats on. A win this week against Philly and I'll pretty much be on cloud 9 about this season. A loss and I'll be thinking, "same ole' Redskins."

I am REALLY disappointed in our effort today. I really thought we'd win the game. I was surprised and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. But there's no sense in panicking yet. Not when we might REALLY have something to panic about next week.

If you're looking for a MUST win, I think you can find it this time next Sunday.

And if we get that win, today's horror show will fade away, only to be used as motivation for when we play them later.

If we lose next week, then today's shallacking may signifying the beginning of the end for this season.

It could go either way.

But we'll have to wait a week to find out.

Good post. I was pretty worried about this game, and it was killing me that all people did was post about how the Giants have the 2nd worst defense in the league. Well, Antonio Pierce came with a vengeance, he helped pitch the shutout. I think we have a better chance next week. Philly doesn't run the ball as well as the Giants, so if we can make them one-dimensional, it will be good.

Looking at the stats is disgusting right now, but even Manning didn't have a great statistical game. 146 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. It game down to the trenches, and we just sucked on both ends. I am worried about our o-line vs the Eagles pass rush.

Philly is desperate. We just got destroyed. Both 4-3. Neither feeling too great about themselves. National TV. Big divisional game.

Eagles have won these types of games time and time again in recent history.

The Redskins have not.

That is BY far my biggest concern next week. Are we really gonna win THIS type of game against the Eagles?

I agree. We beat Philly we'll be right back in it.

We'll leapfrog Dallas into second because of our head to head.

Carolina and Tampa play eachother so one of them will lose their 3rd and I believe that Atlanta is going to have a tough one in Miami next week and possible lose their 3rd.

Season's not over by a long shot.

i think the take home lesson is we shouldn't be a ****y team or fans. we can't think every team we play is going to fold just b/c we step on the field.

the season is hardly over but this philly game is going to be a HUGE test. for the last few years they always DOMINATE us the first game and we give them some competition the second. we really need them to get that never give up attitude we had last year and the earlier part of this year.

This is Brunell's game, IMO. I think we'll play hard, inspired football after this debacle. Put I think the Eagles will as well. This is going to be a game where a smart, steady, effort from the QB may not be enough. He may need to WIN this game for us. Can he do it?

:eaglesuck Both teams will be desparate come Sunday night but Im not going to write off the season if they lose like some of you. Yes, this is the worst game by far Ive seen them play in quite some time but this is a good team and they have proven that this year.

I worry more about HOW the game is played out than anything else. Even though Philly is struggling I feel like they're the better team; however, at the same time this game is very winnable. Perhaps the type of game I fear most is not another shellacking like yesterday, but a game in which we get ahead big, but then the Eagles do come back and win, like they did against KC and almost did yesterday. Philly can't live like they have all year long (and right now they're looking like a team that will make an early exit from the playoffs), but that doesn't mean they can't put a damper on our season.

This game may go a long way in determining how long Gibbs II lasts.

GREAT commet Hail2!

I think THIS will be the game that defines the season, and could go a long way in defining Gibbs part II. We can still have a "positive" season if we lose to Philly. By that I mean I think we could still go 8-8 or 9-7 and call it a step in the right direction. However, there's not a lot to get excited about there. A win could vault us into that double-digit win area where the playoffs and beyond are a likelihood-- not a pipe dream.

Honestly, I see this one being a heartbreaker. I think both teams will play very hard and probably play fairly well. I don't think there's much chance we'll see a blowout either way next week. I think the game will most likely be decided in the 4th quarter. And that's what scares me. Their experience trumps ours by 100%. They are a team that knows how to win when the chips are down. We are a team that is desperately trying to escape a decade + funk. Had we beaten the Giants, we could have lost to Philly and lived to fight another day. But now our backs are against the wall. The chips are down. What are we made of?

Philly is desperate. We just got destroyed. Both 4-3. Neither feeling too great about themselves. National TV. Big divisional game.

Eagles have won these types of games time and time again in recent history.

The Redskins have not.

That is BY far my biggest concern next week. Are we really gonna win THIS type of game against the Eagles?

It depends on which Redskin team shows up. The team that played the first 5 games had heart and life flowing thru there veins. The team we saw yesterday played like a bunch of lifeless zombies.

One thing is for sure, We are not as good as the 49er game and not as bad as the Giant game would lead you to believe. I just hope Joe can use this game to motivate the team into playing Redskin football.

Archived