Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BOOYAAA, season tix!!

Awesome

Congrats, mphilips16. I got mine last season after waiting 22 years for them. O', what a feeling. Words could not describe how I felt when I finnaly got them. Like 70Chip, I take mine out and look at them all the time. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but all I tell her is until you bleed burgendy and gold you will not understand.

Skinsfan 44 -- That's good to hear -- it confirms that I'm not mentally disturbed or something.

22 years is a *long* time -- didn't Bob Levey do a column a little while back in the Post that said the guy at the top of the list now has been on for only about 12 years? How did they get through 10 years worth of people that fast?

I think that many oldtime ticket holders from RFK turned in their upper deck tickets because the upper deck seating in RFK was better than the upper deck seating in FedEx. Obviously, you have a whole level of club seats and lux boxes between you and the lower level, the seats are going to be higher. I have both upper deck and lower level, and have sat in both. Frankly, I just enjoy being there, so no matter where I sit I have fun. But that is why the waiting list has moved the past few years. That and the fact that Norv sucked the life out of the team. (God, can you believe how bitter I still am?)

Well, I'm pretty grateful to the folks who gave up. For me, this is the only good side of what we've suffered through for the past few years. Like I said in another thread, it looks like the list is gonna slow down big time again now so I'm very happy to be in at last.

See you guys at the games!!!! I'm in on with my friend's season tickets. His family got on the waiting list back on 1985. When they opened the new stadium they were able to come off the list. My friend gave me a call and asked me the dumbest question I've ever been asked in my life: "Hey Geoff you want to get in with me on season tix to the Redskins?"

No DUH!!! Hell yes!!!

I've been going ever since. We are actually moving down about 11 rows. I'm not sure where the new section is, my friend hasn't told me yet. We used to be 3 rows from the back. I can't wait for the first preseason home game!

Originally posted by Posse81

mphillips---congratulations. Just remember that SS said he wants Fed Ex to be loudest stadium in the NFL.

:pint:

No problem. I went to the home Philly game last year and was horse that entire Monday.

A buddy of mine hooked me up with tix to the Arizona game, last one of the year. Despite the pouring rain, I was screaming "Tony Stanks!" the whole game. At one point the guy in front of us turned around and was like, 'So, tell us how you really feel about Tony Banks.'

I'm actually splitting the tix amongst three other friends. I chose the Arizona game and the Houston game. I can't wait to be at that opening game for the official SS debut.

I'll have to save my money so I can buy some of those $7 beers and do some

:pint:

:cheers: everyone!!

Living here in CA, I got tickets to see the Skins come to SF to lay a whooping on the 49ers. I can't wait to walk into the hostile crowd and get rowdy. I have a huge Redskins blanket that I am gonna bring and wave around to irritate people~! My seats are in the Lower Reserved section in the South Endzone, so hopefully if the Skins are driving, I make lay the blanket over the side to show support for when they put the ball in the endzone~!

Originally posted by 70Chip

NoCalMike -- You've got to bring some kind of sign with a flipover scoreboard so you can remind everyone you're sitting with of all the points that are going to be run up on their team.

:laugh::laugh:

mphillips--

Once the season is over, write a letter to the ticket office asking for a seat upgrade. I did so this past year and got moved down ten rows. When an upgrade is available, they'll write to you, specifying where the new seats are, and they'll give you the option of accepting the new location or staying where you are. In either case, you're allowed to stay on the upgrade list.

Archived