Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hokies... You're Next!

KDawg

I gotta admit, watching the 'Canes at the beginning of this game gave me one hell of a scare... They looked like they were going to lose to the Heels for a second time in two years, and this time in the Orange Bowl, no doubt...

But the 'Canes showed up in the second half and beat the absolute snot out of Heels. Quadtrine Hill with the blocked punt/recovered block for a td, the #1 defense in the nation putting it together in the second half, and #30 Tyrone Moss hitting R1 and L2 on the Heels every time he touched the football...

Next week should be extremely interesting... Hokies defense and special teams are phenominal, and Marcus Vick is a big time quarterback. It'll be interesting to see how Randy Shannon counters Vick's scrambling ability.

It'll also be interesting to see how Kyle Wright plays, the game may very well come down to whether or not Wright decides to throw interceptions or not.

It'll also be interesting to see if the 'Canes wear these god awful uniforms next week, and if the Hokies counter with those ridiculous orange sleeved things they wore...

Go 'Canes!

Man I was gonna wait till Monday before starting to talk

No reason not to today, if you want to fire the first salvo

If KW plays like this in Blacksburg, we are up 35-0 at the half

Ty Moss won't run like this on our D, our D-line absolutley destroyed the UM o-line last season and will again this season

It should be a terrific game and it comes down to mistakes. I just believe Kyle Wright will make the killer mistake which will put us on top

Miami simply plays horrible in Blacksburg. The 2001 team only won by 2, and we have beaten Miami up there 43-10 and 31-7

It'll be a great game, but I don't see how Miami wins up in Lane Stadium at night

Man I was gonna wait till Monday before starting to talk

No reason not to today, if you want to fire the first salvo

If KW plays like this in Blacksburg, we are up 35-0 at the half

Ty Moss won't run like this on our D, our D-line absolutley destroyed the UM o-line last season and will again this season

It should be a terrific game and it comes down to mistakes. I just believe Kyle Wright will make the killer mistake which will put us on top

Miami simply plays horrible in Blacksburg. The 2001 team only won by 2, and we have beaten Miami up there 43-10 and 31-7

It'll be a great game, but I don't see how Miami wins up in Lane Stadium at night

I'll agree with you that the x-factor is Wright... In fact, Wright scares me... In the long run, I think he's going to be a good player... but his first time in Blacksburg is going to be an adventure.

I can't wait to see the U's Oline versus the Techies D-Line... Hopefully Winston drives someone into the dirt... quite a few times...

I'll agree with you that the x-factor is Wright... In fact, Wright scares me... In the long run, I think he's going to be a good player... but his first time in Blacksburg is going to be an adventure.

I can't wait to see the U's Oline versus the Techies D-Line... Hopefully Winston drives someone into the dirt... quite a few times...

After the way we just destroyed the BC O-line last week, I have no doubt Darryl Tapp and company will be living in the UM backfield next Saturday night

It won't be KW's fault he turns the ball over, he simply will be forced into bad throws because of the pressure he'll be getting

Simple game plan for VT, stop Moss, make KW beat you

This game the U played against UNC was the perfect game I wanted to see

UNC showed UM's weakness' and then UM won the game

I am glad Miami won, it will make us look better when we beat them. UNC looks a lot better now that they have McGill back, but their QB got rattled badly in the second half. I think we can bring similar pressure.

Moss will not have 4 TDs against Tech. I agree that this game will hinge on the U's QB. If he keeps under control and doesn't make any turnovers, this game will be close. They have to pass to beat us, I think. They will have to use screens, quick hitters and the like to take away Tech's aggressive push up front. Miami's line is nowhere near as good as in past years. If they drop him straight back, he will be crushed. He has no idea what he is going to face at night, with Gameday, in Blacksburg. Night games always bring out the rowdy fans at Lane.

In the past Tech used the option a lot. Not sure we'll see it as much this year. Looks like the way to run is right up the gut. Gotta give it to Miami, the way they came out of halftime and smoked the Heels. You really can't blame them, considering Wilma and all.

My prediction? Tech 27 Miami 17. This is one game I'd like to see Frankie keep his foot on the gas until the final horn.

I am glad Miami won, it will make us look better when we beat them. UNC looks a lot better now that they have McGill back, but their QB got rattled badly in the second half. I think we can bring similar pressure.

Moss will not have 4 TDs against Tech. I agree that this game will hinge on the U's QB. If he keeps under control and doesn't make any turnovers, this game will be close. They have to pass to beat us, I think. They will have to use screens, quick hitters and the like to take away Tech's aggressive push up front. Miami's line is nowhere near as good as in past years. If they drop him straight back, he will be crushed. He has no idea what he is going to face at night, with Gameday, in Blacksburg. Night games always bring out the rowdy fans at Lane.

In the past Tech used the option a lot. Not sure we'll see it as much this year. Looks like the way to run is right up the gut. Gotta give it to Miami, the way they came out of halftime and smoked the Heels. You really can't blame them, considering Wilma and all.

My prediction? Tech 27 Miami 17. This is one game I'd like to see Frankie keep his foot on the gas until the final horn.

I wouldn't count Mr. Moss out of it yet. True, Tech's defense is great, but if you watched the game yesterday (Yes, it was the Heels) you saw Moss had some pretty nice moves out there, both in the open field and in the backfield...

I agree that Miami is going to have to throw the rock to win the football game, but Moss is going to get a solid chunk of yards...

No one is going to deny that Miami has talent, but say they will beat THIS VT team at Blacksburg, with a rookie QB, is ludicrous. It is possible, it just won't happen.

How is it ludicrous? Because you're a VT fan? :laugh:

Miami will have to earn a win, without a doubt... But thinking VT is untouchable (even IN Blacksburg) is way too bold of a statement to be making.

How is it ludicrous? Because you're a VT fan? :laugh:

Miami will have to earn a win, without a doubt... But thinking VT is untouchable (even IN Blacksburg) is way too bold of a statement to be making.

I won't neccessarily call it ludicrous

But you cannot throw history out when Miami visits Blacksburg, especially at night

It took a virtual NFL team for Miami to win in the Burg in 2001, by a measly 2 points

And while T Moss looks much much better, moves like he put on UNC won't work nearly as much against X Adibi and Vince Hall

I really like our chances in this one. Miami does have the talent and ability to win this game, I just don't see it happening because I think they will implode like they always do in Blacksburg

Archived