Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those of you wondering what happened to Jared Newberry...

ratbert_rizzo

He got signed to the Patriots practice squad and was released. He was then signed to the Titans practice squada where he is not. Amazing career so far.

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/blurb_view.cgi?blurb=news662500

:patriotsu :titansuck :titansuck :titansuck

Make fun of his career all you want, but its been better than 99% of all seniors from all schools in his graduating class!

100 grand out of college aint' bad. And I looked up this David Bergeron and he is also a former Stanford LB, former 7th rounder who has never played an NFL snap. Sounds almost like Newberry except hes a former 6th rounder. Anyway, I wish Newberry luck but it doesn't seem like his career will last too much longer.

Don't look now but our starting MLB had a similar start to his career. As both he and Pierce have shown, it's not where you start but where you end up that counts.

What interests me is that in the last 6 months, Gregg Williams, Bill Belichick, and Jeff Fisher all thought enough of him to sign him. In other words, shadddap!

It isn't unusual for a low round player to bounce around a while in the league. Certainly, a few of our guys have done that. It is all about finding the right place for you and good timing.

As for McCune, he's probably redshirting this year. For him to make the active roster, too many players probably need to get hurt, particularly since Keasey is ahead of him in the depth chart. I'd look to next year to see what he can do.

Jason

Archived