Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will we rest our starters for the Jan 1 game to prepare for the first playoff game?

tr1

Okay, my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek, but isn't great that there's even a chance of this happening?

We don't play the Colts, Pittsburgh or any other team that looks like a 'world-beater' right now.

Five games at home and five games away. Five games agains division rivals. And Gibbs' teams always finish strong...always.

I'm just feeling pretty good about things right now. And when we beat the Giants this weekend, the world will really take notice.

ate Opponent Time/Result

Away Home

Sep 11 Chicago Won 9-7

Sep 19 @Dallas Won 14-13

Week 3 BYE

Oct 2 Seattle Won 20-17

Oct 9 @Denver Lost 19-21

Oct 16 @Kansas City Lost 21-28

Oct 23 San Francisco Won 52-17

Oct 30 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm

Nov 6 Philadelphia 8:30pm

Nov 13 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm

Nov 20 Oakland 1:00pm

Nov 27 San Diego 1:00pm

Dec 4 @St. Louis 4:05pm

Dec 11 @Arizona 4:05pm

Dec 18 Dallas 1:00pm 708

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00pm

Jan 1 @Philadelphia 4:15pm

I'm sure I'm misunderstanding, but you'd rather smack the Eagles down on New Year's Day than win the SB?

I want both. I think this team would build more confidence beating Philly going into the playoffs. The 91 team maybe needed a wake up call from overconfidence.

Man your really getting ahead of yourself. The way the division looks I think its gonna be determined in the last 3 weeks :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

and we've got to take at least 1 of the next 2.

I realize it's a bit away, but we could easily be 6-0 right now...and we aren't playing any elite teams right now. I think San Diego is suffering from Marty's coaching right now...and the Eagles are so so, the Giants are not very scary and the others...well, as I said, no world-beaters.

I would hope we would be in the position to rest players the last game of the year, but the way the East is taking shape we may need that last game for,

1. The NFC East crown

2. Home field in the playoffs

3. At worst the game will decide a wild card for us.

I don't think we'll hit 13-2 going into that game against Philly, but hey lets hope I'm wrong.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

I realize it's a bit away, but we could easily be 6-0 right now...and we aren't playing any elite teams right now. I think San Diego is suffering from Marty's coaching right now...and the Eagles are so so, the Giants are not very scary and the others...well, as I said, no world-beaters.

Good Points. I just worry that were going to beat ourselves because im used to seeing it:doh: ....but after this past weekend its up in the air.

Archived