Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vick clip possibly offensive on MNF

raperry2

Anyone think ABC and Michael Vick might get into a little trouble for airing a clip about Michael Vick being a "star"? In the clip he said something about the key to dating multiple women is having more than one cellphone. I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember. Seems like it will offend somebody and ABC will have to apologize for another stupid halftime show. What do y'all think?

I saw that, but what I found hilarious was Monday Night Countdown. Stuart Scott said the Falcons had DVD - Dunn, Vick, Duckett. But then Sal Palantonio said there would be no Ducket since he was injured, so it would only be DV.

Of course the first thing that came to mind was Ron Mexico, and that the nickname should be VD instead.

Anyways, interesting that they would have Vick have the multiple girlfriend comment, especially with the whole Ron Mexico thing.

Well if dropping a towel and exposing *gasp* some shoulder is offensive then I can see how a male sports hero admitting he behaves like we know many of them do can also be offensive. Next week maybe they'll have a single 30 year old woman that can offend us all by saying she isn't interested in marriage but instead would like to date around....oh god someone think of the children!

I doubt it will end up being something that ABC will need to apologize for. However, it was a dumb thing for Vick to say. One reason being, the whole Ron Mexico thing, because as soon as he said that I thought, "Is that why they call you Ron Mexico?". Second reason being, Vick is obviously someone kids look up to, I think that he should have never said something like that, when millions of adoring, young/impressionable, fans could be watching.

I doubt it will end up being something that ABC will need to apologize for. However, it was a dumb thing for Vick to say. One reason being, the whole Ron Mexico thing, because as soon as he said that I thought, "Is that why they call you Ron Mexico?". Second reason being, Vick is obviously someone kids look up to, I think that he should have never said something like that, when millions of adoring, young/impressionable, fans could be watching.

Trust me, any kids that look up to Michael Vick or most any other pro football player are probably already well on there way to Stupidville. Bling Bling.

ESPN will look over it. Had it been Owens, Chad Johnson, et. al. it would have been a story. They'll try to cover it up since the NFL has so much invested in Vick. It's gonna happen much like the Ron Mexico thing a few months back. We don't forget about it, but it won't come up on the four letter network.

Archived