Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTEM JT Show: Lavar owes it to the fans

jbooma

Didn't see a thread about Lavar on the JT show.

He seems like a new man again, what was interesting was he did say he did not realize untill yesterday what he meant to all the fans. It meant so much to him how all the fans gave him a standing ovation and how much they care for him.

He did say he has learned a lot the last couple of weeks and feels he is a better man then ever now.

LA mentioned that he was a little sore today and how he is amazed by what Moss and Brunell have been doing.

There was a question about playing under Williams, and LA said he has never been on a coaching staff that has you completely prepared the way Gibbs and CO does.

I'm listening right now. I like the new Lavar. Super Bowl XL!!! Here we come.

He said nothing bad this time :D

The fan comment was very interesting though, it seemes like he was talking about a new life here. Who knows if LA stays afterall it might be because of the fans :cheers:

He is starting to get it...not any one player is more important than the team...Welcome back LaVar we missed your playmaking abilities...NOW GO GET ELI!

People keep saying this... and I find it pretty funny. I think Lavar has always been a team player.

People keep saying this... and I find it pretty funny. I think Lavar has always been a team player.

Yes and no. Lavar has always been a 'team' player on the field. What this coaching staff was looking for out of this current roster and new players they develop is players that work hard in practice. Lavar hadn't done that up until this week. Whether he was nursing an injury or bad mouthing the Redskins to the national media he wasn't at practice. He got left behind so to speak not only due to the injury but because he didn't do what Gibbs and Williams expect from ALL of the Redskins.

The issue had nothing to do with his ability to be a team player on the field. it was his lack of respect off the field that caused concern for Williams and Blache. They just don't go running to the media when they have a problem. They keep things in house and deal with them as such.

Arrington's attitude was cause for concern, not his football ability or potential.

Just remember what coach Gibbs always says: Don't embarass your team, don't embarass the Redskins. It works, and I think Lavar is catching on.

:cheers:

Archived