Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: At this point, are the Redskins a better team then you expected?

Commander PK

In a word.

ABSOLUTELY!

A lot of you are upset about the loss right now, and I am also, but lets be honest here. NOBODY, not even our own fans expected this team to be this good. We are a few plays, and few boneheaded mistakes away from being 5-0. Ok, so we have dropped two back to back away games against teams that will probably be in the playoffs. There is still A LOT of football to be played yet this season, and they are by no means out of anything. The Redskins are very capable of winning the NFC East this year, and heading to the playoffs. It's not over people. It's not over. It's two games. We are SO close to be a awesome football team. It's just a matter of time.

Its good to hear some sanity on this board after a loss. Most of the threads are fire Gregg Williams, Gregg Williams is an ego maniac, Portis is terrible, We need to go down field more, ect. ect. It sucks to loose close games like these last 2 but noone can deny that the Skins are a damn good team this year. Brunnell looks like a completely different player from last year, the offense looks like a new system, the ball is moving downfield with ease, its fun to watch the offense play again. However the turnovers, bone headed penatlies, and a couple bad calls have cost us 2 games...we're still 3-2, 9-7 or 10-6 and we make the playoffs, once we're in the race, anything can happen...These last 2 games may have been the toughest on the schedule, 2 very hard places to win...and we should have won both of them, it kinda makes me sick watching us shoot ourselves in the foot, but at least we're not getting blown out, we've had a chance in every game, thats all I can ask for at this point in the season. So please, stop the fire Gregg Williams threads, its not that bad...could be better, but we've still got a lot of football to play. :2cents:

I am very pleased at where this team is today. in our two losses, imo, we outplayed both teams. Our offense is finally clicking(well,except for the turnovers), and our team seems like it just wont give up during a game. I think that our team has a lot of promise still, and believe that after the next three games, we should still have a respectable record of 5-3(2-1 against the 49ers, eagles and g-men). We will see though, these last two games are probably the hardest we will see yet.

I don't see another 2 game stretch that looks as difficult as the one we just finished. Our only back to back away games for the rest of the year are against St. Louis, and Arizona, both of which are not as good as the Chiefs or Broncos. That fact alone is encouraging. Nobody on our shedule scares me. The Skins are capable of beating every team we play this year. It's up to them.

Archived