Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st Position skins will draft in the NFL Draft during the Offseason?

SKiNz Jus 2 sick

DE's most likely I like prospects in this order

1.#9 Mario Williams DE 6-7 285 Jr. N.C. State

2.#94 Mathias Kiwanuka DE 6-7 261 Sr. B.C.

3.#58 Elvis Dumervil DE 6-0 256 Sr. Louisville

but since we don't have any high picks i'll settle for

4.95 Kamerion Wimbley DE 6-4 255 Sr. FSU

I think we have a well enough rounded team that we can just draft the best player available.

However, if a good pass rushing DE is available, and an only slightly better player of another position is available. I'd say take the DE. It all depends where we end up in the draft, and I know nothing about this years prospects.

Also, I don't really know. If we continue to go through the defense without generating turnovers, and rely on the blitz for our pass rush, the DE will be a greater priority. However, if we start forcing turnovers and our DL steps up, it can really just be, best player available.

We need to re-stock the D-line, both DE and DT. - Wynn, Daniels and Slavea are all hovering around 30 and we don't know yet what Noble's status is.

and as tr1 said, some CB depth to groom for the future, maybe a 3rd round pick? Although we will have Artrell Hawkins back next year, so that may not be as dire.

We need to re-stock the D-line, both DE and DT. - Wynn, Daniels and Slavea are all hovering around 30 and we don't know yet what Noble's status is.

and as tr1 said, some CB depth to groom for the future, maybe a 3rd round pick? Although we will have Artrell Hawkins back next year, so that may not be as dire.

Antrell Hawkins isnt on the roster or on IR so im pretty sure hes gone

While were on the subject. Why is it that we a never able to draft talent from the surrounding area? Here is just a few players we have missed out on recently.

WR-Randy Moss-Marshall

QB-Chad Pennington-Marshall

QB-Byron Leftwich- Marshall

QB-Mark Bulger-West Virginia

WR-Chris Henry-West Virginia

P-Todd Sauerbron-West Virginia

WR-Jerry Porter-West Virginia

DB&RB-Rhonde and Tiki Barber-UVA

QB-Aron Brooks-UVA

RB-Thomas Jones-UVA

QB-Mike Vick-Virginia Tech

DB-DeAngelo Hall-Virginia Tech

WR-Jerome Mathis-Hampton

This is just a few and I'm sure there are many more past and present. I realize it would be impossible to get them all for one reason or another. My point is there is a lot of talent that comes from the surrounding area 2nd only to Florida probably and we never get any of these guys. IMO we don't do a good job following talent from the area and miss out on people who would really love to be a redskin and help the team.

:chiefsuck

A defensive linemen, but our coach is joe gibbs so no clue what he'll do. Lets hope he dosnt trade any draft picks for another draft pick from the year after this years draft. Id like to see us actually have a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 Round Draft Picks all at once and build from there.

If we draft another QB this year i might shoot myself considering we drafted jason campbell and gave up this years 1st round draft choice along the 3rd round for him.

All great offenses have one thing in common a great TE now a days. I say focus on DE and TE :cheers:

That's a very good observation of the NFL as a whole, but not of the Redskins under Gibbs in particular. Gibbs prefers that his Tight Ends be able to be completely effect in the run and pass blocking game. He doesn't rely on them to be the threats that TEs like Shockey, TG, Heap, Gates, Troupe, etc etc, are. This is where Gibbs varies. Instead of using the TE as the passcatcher, he utilizes the H-back (Cooley in case you forgot). This allows more versatility. A TE 80% of the time lines up with the Oline. Cooley, as the H-back, lines up in the backfield, at the line, and even sometimes in the slot. So, an H-back gives Gibbs a blocking TE, a pass catching TE, a blocking Fullback, a pass catching Fullback, and a slot receiver. We won't draft a TE.

We passed on Winslow b/c Gibbs doesn't play that style. Instead, he got Taylor. The prototypical antithesis to the modern TE. Protect against the TE revolution, while still playing offense how he wants.

I was in the boat that said we would draft Rogers with the first pick and then he would start midseason. Well, now I'm saying we're going to get either a DT or DE to compliment Griffin. Salave'a has 4 tackles this year. His backup, Killings, has 7. Griffin is one of the team leaders in tackes with 16, with Taylor, Marshall, and Washington ahead of him.

Best chance of drafting a DT or DE. I could see us going after a high pick O-line too. We won't go receiver until the later rounds, b/c I see Gibbs happy with Moss at one, and he's looking for Jacobs to some how, some way by next season to beat out Patten for 2, with Patten being a VERY solid 3. Thrash is always clutch when asked to be so he's a GREAT 4th option.

EDIT: To also address the CB issue, I understand that we will soon start to wear thin at the corner back position. Springs and Harris are both winding down their careers, while Rogers has yet to get fully acclimated to the NFL. Well, if there's one position we always seem to have luck at, it seems to be CB. So, I see us going to FA route, or perhaps even a late pick. Either way, Williams seems to have confidence in Jimoh for some reason (beyond me at this point) and he will likely see more playing time next season as Williams molds Rogers and Jimoh as the 1 and 2.

Archived