Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PTI Guys: "Lavar"

d0ublestr0ker0ll

PTI: “Lavar” 10/12/2005

This is from Wilbon and Kornhieser’s game “Roll Play.” They get cardboard cutouts of people’s faces and pretend to be them.

Wilbon: Tony, You are, your boy, Lavar Arrington.

Kornhieser: Right.

Wilbon: You used to be the NFL’s “Next Great Linebacker.”

Kornhieser: Right.

Wilbon: Now, you can’t even get in to the GAME.

Kornhieser: Right…

Wilbon: Are you being treated unfairly, or do you somehow stink?

Kornhieser: No, I don’t stink. I’m healthy and I’m ready to play. And despite what you might have read I am ready to play special teams. The coaches have it in for me and they haven’t told me more. They have Humiliated me. I didn’t play a DOWN. I went to THREE Pro Bowls. Nobody on this team on defense went to more than one.

Wilbon: Ended the career of our guest Troy Aikman.

Kornhieser: You tell me! You tell me why is this happening!? I’m healthy and I wanna play!

Wilbon: The defense is good Lavar! They don’t need you!

Kornhieser: They're not THAT good! Do you think that’s true Mike?!? Do you really think that’s true? (About our D being good enough without L.A.)

Wilbon: No, I don’t.

Kornhieser: They are humiliating me. They’ve got a smear campaign about how uncooperative I am, how I’m a freelancer…

Wilbon: On THIS show, the official position is that Lavar should play.

I am a big Lavar fan, and I hate to see him sitting on the bench, but I have a hard time believing that he does not know why he is not playing. JG is not that heartless, and he realizes that Lavar has been a huge part of this team, the community, and has a huge fan base with this organization. If Lavar did not fit this system they would have found a way to get rid of him this year and he would not have played or started in any game last year. This situation of Lavar not playing is something of recent events, since he has come back from injury.

I wonder if Lavar didnt play this week because of the wet conditions in Denver, and the coaches decided not to take a chance with his knee. I also believe that with JG administration, the expectations of the players have been raised dramaticaly high and maybe he is not willing to coincide with them.

As much as I love to see Lavar play when he does play well, Coach Gibbs and his staff will play Lavar when they feel Lavar has stepped up to the expectations of the organization. Sean Taylor had to learn the hard way and maybe Lavar does as well, it has made Sean a much better player and person and hopefully it does the same for Lavar.

Lavar if you read this, shut up, get your expectations up, and do whatever it takes to get on the field, and lead this defense and team to a championship. If not, sit there keep talking, and you will keep watching from the sidelines.

It's not worth posting about this talked-to-death issue if you haven't even listened to Gibbs' press conference (Redskins.com), or read his comments in the media, or Gregg Williams.

LaVar IS in several defensive packages.

They did not substitute in Denver as much as they have the rest of this season, because they were worried about some specific things that Denver does. LaVar's packages didn't get called.

Gibbs HAS told LaVar why he's not playing, and what they're trying to do to get him on the field, and what he needs to do to get on the field. The direct quote is (Gibbs to LaVar) "You CAN help this team..."

LaVar hasn't whined really to the best of my knowledge, and noone has "smeared" him. LaVar has talked about it in the media, but since the media has nothing else to talk about, that's not surprising. LaVar didn't say anyone had smeared him or wronged him.

He IS a freelancer. Not that that's a bad thing always, but other coaches have said it too.

As much respect as I have for Kornheiser and Wilbon, I'm happy as long as our defense keeps performing. That said, I'd love to see Lavar work his way in... it would be fun to watch him play w/ a chip on his shoulder.

They must want him to comeback in the offseason for the "Dream Job"

Tony on the phone with LaVar : Whats up killa ?

LaVar : Nuttin' much man, just trying to learn this freakin' playbook

Tony: Well dont worry about it man, you will always have a home here on ESPN

LaVar: But Tony I wanna play, I wanna get in the game

Tony : Have you ever thought that maybe you just cant fit in there not to mention you arent too bright.

LaVar : Hey, you take that back, If you want me to come back on that lame ass show you better take that back

Tony: You know I'm just joking around, anyway how about we do a little skit about it on PTI

LaVar : Do you think that would help ?

Tony : Couldnt hurt

Lavar : Will I still have to learn the playbook ?

Tony : :doh: well I wont go that far, but we'll try to hook it up.

They must want him to comeback in the offseason for the "Dream Job"

Tony on the phone with LaVar : Whats up killa ?

LaVar : Nuttin' much man, just trying to learn this freakin' playbook

Tony: Well dont worry about it man, you will always have a home here on ESPN

LaVar: But Tony I wanna play, I wanna get in the game

Tony : Have you ever thought that maybe you just cant fit in there not to mention you arent too bright.

LaVar : Hey, you take that back, If you want me to come back on that lame ass show you better take that back

Tony: You know I'm just joking around, anyway how about we do a little skit about it on PTI

LaVar : Do you think that would help ?

Tony : Couldnt hurt

Lavar : Will I still have to learn the playbook ?

Tony : :doh: well I wont go that far, but we'll try to hook it up.

Well good to see Kornheiser & Wilbon were wrong about the "smear campaign". :doh:

Basher1: man, gas prices are too high!

Basher2: yeah and it's all LaVar's fault too.

Basher1: yeah I wish he would just shut up about offering to play special teams, when people said he refused, not being injured when people said he was he wasn't 100%, that he wasn't the starter when people asked him why he wasn't playing.

Basher1: yeah and I can't get laid either. That dummy-head Lavar messes up everything.

Basher2: Doesn't it make you feel stupid when LaVar makes 3 probowls after we said he couldn't learn a playbook?

Basher 1: Not too much, I'm used to it.

Basher2: Would it make you feel if we called LaVar stupid?

Basher1: YEAH!s

Together: Stupid LaVar! Stupid Lavar! Stupid Lavar! Stupid LaVar! (to the tune of "Hail to the Redskins")

Archived