Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season ticket problem...what would you do?

Larry Brown #43

Ok, here's the situation. I signed up for the season ticket waiting list during the Spurrier regime at the Ballston Common Redskins Store. It had to have been about three years ago. I even remember the guy who took my information (his face...not his name). So today I got the idea to call the ticket office to find out exactly where I am on the list. Well, the guy I spoke with told me I'm not in the system. I told him where and when I signed up, and he told me I'm not the first person who signed up at the Ballston store who didn't get officially registered. And there's nothing they can do.

So I spent the past three years assuming I was moving up the list, only to find out I was never even on it. This is disturbing to me...but I respect the opinions of the members of the board here...so tell me. What would you do? Is there anything I can do? :(

Sign up again on the official website and then go to classified when you can often find people selling individual games and season tickets for their cost. This website has A LOT to offer. Go check it out. Just do not go trying to cut ahead of me trying to get extra tickets to the Eagles game....

Not an attorney, but doubt you have any recourse. No way to figure out exactly what your number in line would be etc. I would signup again online, I think you get some response from that.

Then as others have suggested, look in the classifieds until your number comes up.

Sucks though, those two years of Spurrier, got a whole lot of people tickets it seemed.

Not an attorney, but doubt you have any recourse. No way to figure out exactly what your number in line would be etc. I would signup again online, I think you get some response from that.

Then as others have suggested, look in the classifieds until your number comes up.

Sucks though, those two years of Spurrier, got a whole lot of people tickets it seemed.

I was certainly a lucky recipient of season tickets due to the Spurrier era (or error, which ever way you want to look at it). I only had to wait 4 years when it was assumed that I would have to wait at least 10.

To answer your question though, no, there is nothing you can do about it. Unless you can provide an exact date and time, along with some sort of receipt showing that you did in fact sign up when you said you did. Sorry that happened to you, that really stinks.

Well, it would seem you are out of luck, unfortunately.

The only thought that comes to my mind is perhaps you are on the list, but your name is mis-spelled? I imagine if your name is Larry Brown, then it's pretty hard to screw that up...but if you have a last name like mine (Schwarz)...that gets butchered up all the time. Maybe they can search for you by address...if they haven't already.

I was certainly a lucky recipient of season tickets due to the Spurrier era (or error, which ever way you want to look at it). I only had to wait 4 years when it was assumed that I would have to wait at least 10.

To answer your question though, no, there is nothing you can do about it. Unless you can provide an exact date and time, along with some sort of receipt showing that you did in fact sign up when you said you did. Sorry that happened to you, that really stinks.

Thanks...I figured there's not a lot I can really do. But some businesses, when they make a mistake, try to find a way to make it up to you. I guess that's what I'm hoping for, but I know it's probably a long shot. Speaking of shot...that's what should happen to the guy who put my information into the system at Ballston. ;) What's really frustrating is HE asked ME if I wanted to sign up for the waiting list. I did, and then he didn't bother to submit it I guess. :doh:

Well, it would seem you are out of luck, unfortunately.

The only thought that comes to my mind is perhaps you are on the list, but your name is mis-spelled? I imagine if your name is Larry Brown, then it's pretty hard to screw that up...but if you have a last name like mine (Schwarz)...that gets butchered up all the time. Maybe they can search for you by address...if they haven't already.

My real name isn't Larry Brown...I named my handle after the Skins RB of the 70s, who wore #43. But yeah, I gave the guy on the phone today my old addresses...my middle name...everything. The guy told me a bunch of people who signed up at Ballston didn't get registered, so I think I'm just in that unfortunate bunch.

I think that if you sign up now, you'll find a lot of people are just on the list to get a freebie. When their name comes up, it comes off fast because they never had any intention of purchasing season tickets. Its no mystery that Snyder uses the list for marketing purposes. You'll come up quick enough. I waited 12 years.

Archived