Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No one mentioned this about the Denver game...

drkewl

Thrash vs. Patten for #2  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Thrash vs. Patten for #2

• Thrash for sure!
    • Thrash for now
    • Patten for sure!
    • Patten for now

it was raining, and the stadium was no where near full and loud... that was a HUGE advantage for us that erased most of Denver's homefield advantage. Very few False starts and very few silent counts helped make this game much easier to manage on offense.

We won't be so lucky @ KC. Hopefully our D will improve and our O will be able to handle the noise.

Mark Brunell is not some rookie who has never played in a hostile crowd. Stupid thread

SO you're saying there is really no difference barking out the count versus being forced to go to the silent count, thereby making audibles next to impossible? THAT is the home field advantage more or lesss in a nutshell.

As for him handling the loud noise in Dallas... did u NOT see the first, oh.. 56 minutes of that game? Hence why i'm worried.

I am truly estatic by the way this team is playing... but here's why i think sunday is a critical game if we lose on sunday and fall to 3-2... then win the following week and go to 4-2... not abd right? Then we play @ the giants, home against philly, @ Bucaneers... ugly stretch. Those teams are good enough that we could lose all three or two if we don't brign our A game which would leave us at 5-4 or 4-5. A win against the chiefs, and winning 2/3 of those games would leave us at 6-2.We MUST win this weekend and it is going to be VERY tough. If we don't, all this excitement might quickly disentegrate.

do you think it will be louder in KC, then it was in the dome in Dallas?

I take it you haven't watched many games @ KC. One of the loudest in the NFL.

Are you implying our offense will play as well as we did in dallas? Cuz if we do, we will get blown out.

Yeah, but their major homefield advantage comes from playing at altitude.. not from their fans.

Usually teams gas out after a quarter or two.

~Bang

Did u not see the numerous reports on the true effects of altitude on a player? bottom line, no effect except for longer kicks unless u spend more than 3 days there.

uhhhh..... i guess u didn't happen to catch what denver's fully crazed crowd did to the KC offense. bottom line, the crowd was almost completely neutralized and the rain helped slow their fast Defense down a notch. Most teams on the road would love to have rain (save the turf burner teams like the rams and colts) for this exact reason. We got lucky, had optimal conditions to win on the road but didn't. to quote john madden, "thats not very good"

I think the D has a great chance of stifiling the KC Offense. But the Skins have a much better chance of scoring 28-35 points against the stinky KC D. Crowd noise aside it's going to be a shootout at the KC corral!!!!

LOL I wish it will be a shoot out, that would be great to see !

But with the Gibbs clock control offense, doubtful.

God i hope we can actually get another decent lead like against seattle! Been a long time

Thanks to the weather, I actually thought the crowd was a non-factor yesterday... I would be pumped no matter what the weather conditions are, but the average fan doesn't cheer when they are doing everything they can to keep warm and stay dry... too bad we didn't take advantage, because KC will be louder.

Did u not see the numerous reports on the true effects of altitude on a player? bottom line, no effect except for longer kicks unless u spend more than 3 days there.

uhhhh..... i guess u didn't happen to catch what denver's fully crazed crowd did to the KC offense. bottom line, the crowd was almost completely neutralized and the rain helped slow their fast Defense down a notch. Most teams on the road would love to have rain (save the turf burner teams like the rams and colts) for this exact reason. We got lucky, had optimal conditions to win on the road but didn't. to quote john madden, "thats not very good"

That's crap. I played a friggin softball game in Denver in my late 20s when I was in good shape and the effect was substantial. It is really difficult to get your wind back. It's also no coincidence that the Broncos, Avalanche and Nuggets all have great records at home compared to their records on the road.

Also if you think the crowd noise wasn't a factor, try sticking a helmet on and trying to hear in heavy rain like yesterday with moderate crowd noise. You may laugh but the echoes off the plastic helmet can be pretty distracting.

KC is an extremely tough place to play but so is Denver, even yesterday. Play good D and you take the crowd out of the game a little.

Yeah, but their major homefield advantage comes from playing at altitude.. not from their fans.

Usually teams gas out after a quarter or two.

~Bang

Not true it takes 48 to 72 hours for the altitude to effect the blood oxygen levels. The altitude is not a factor for visiting teams going to Denver. The kicking game is potentially stronger that is the only difference.

Archived