Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who's tired of the Arrington Issue?

JimmiJo

...until Greg Williams comes up with a scheme that uses him to do just that (dominate) I will still wonder if the defense is a good as it could be.

The defense is not as good as last year. But I ascribe it more to the loss of Pierce and injuries to the secondary. Remember, we didn't have LA for most of last year.

"You don't have a right

to expect Joe Gibbs to justify his decision.

to expect your opinion to carry much weight in his decision."

These two thoughts have to rank among the lesser informing I have been forced to waste non-REM cycles on all year.

Not one for overplaying a hand are ya?!!!! I don't care whether Joe Gibbs or his self anointed protectors justify his decision. Neither do I expect my opinions to carry much weight. As a fan who supports the team, buys products, etc., etc., I want as much info as I can get.

I don't care whether Joe Gibbs or his self anointed protectors justify his decision. Neither do I expect my opinions to carry much weight. As a fan who supports the team, buys products, etc., etc., I want as much info as I can get.

Well, looks like your short this time hoss.

Yea I'm tired of hearing about it because I sould NEVER hear about a healthy Lavar not playing one down in any football game. How many turnovers do we have this year??? TWO, and arguably our best playmaker is on the bench. I dont want to hear about it anymore because it should not even be an issue. Play Him

I think we should have the mods put a thread at the very top, titled "Brunell vs. Ramsey/LaVar playing time/Questioning the coaching staff."

Save the rest of us from having to wade through it every week.

Well, if you see a thread whose title contains the words: "Arrington," "Brunell/Ramsey," "Coaches Suck," etc, then don't click on them!

I had no problem benching Ramsey. He wasn't getting it done. He played the preseason and the first reg season game and still the same old Ramsey. Lavar on the other hand got injured, came back from injury, and lost his job. Jansen gets his position back no questions asked, but LA loses his job. That's why, until LA gets a fair amount of playing time and can prove that he sucks worse than Holdman, then there will be a lot of fans who will be questioning the coaches! Get used to it!!

I pointed this out on page one of this thread and it's gone by without comment, so I'll try it again:

The most disheartening thing about this situation is tha fact that our choaches tell us each week that LA is "getting better" -- GW said so both before and after the Denver game -- yet LA has seen the field less each game. They tell us he's been limited to a few packages to start and will get in more as he improves. They also tell us he has been improving. Yet his playing time keeps going down. LA was the only active player on the defensive side who never touched the field last night. How can a three-time pro-bowl linebacker be THAT bad? He's the absolute worst defensive player on the active roster?

I pointed this out on page one of this thread and it's gone by without comment, so I'll try it again:

The most disheartening thing about this situation is tha fact that our choaches tell us each week that LA is "getting better" -- GW said so both before and after the Denver game -- yet LA has seen the field less each game. They tell us he's been limited to a few packages to start and will get in more as he improves. They also tell us he has been improving. Yet his playing time keeps going down. LA was the only active player on the defensive side who never touched the field last night. How can a three-time pro-bowl linebacker be THAT bad? He's the absolute worst defensive player on the active roster?

Maybe they think he is the worst LB on the roster for what they are trying to do.

the only issue with Arrington is his own. the team is 3-1 without him. the defense finished #1 in the NFC without him in 2004.

Joe Gibbs is taking this team in the right direction and the defensive staff has assembled a unit with leadership at each of the three levels. Arrington is not the leader of the linebacking corps because Marcus Washington is a better overall football player, more consistent and more intelligent.

There is no doubt in my mind that this club would cut Arrington loose or trade him if not for the salary cap implications. If this were 1986 or 1987 #56 would have been dealt after he proved he could pass a physical for another club.

But with the cap as it is, the club is forced to keep Arrington and play this charade with him.

He is never going to be the student of the game and consistent mentally tough player that Gregg Williams and Dale Lindsay want at LB.

At the same time Arrington is too emotional to keep his mouth shut and wait for the offseason and a chance to move to another club after June.

the coaches are dead wrong and hiding something and lavar should be all over the field . g. williams should be making up a plan to bring arrington from every angle. not making up excuses to tell the media about why he isnt playing him. they {the coaches} are lying.

Yes, I am sick to death of hearing about it and reading about it but we are talking human nature here. Until we get a satifactory reason WHY LaVar is not playing (and most of us obviously don't believe we've had one yet), this topic will not die. Inquiring minds want to know EXACTLY why. Many of us have a hard time believing what our own coaches are saying, partly based on LaVar's past stats and partly because of coachspeak.

Williams is either going to have to play him more or say something harsh like "He's a dumb-ass and we're afraid he'll totally screw up our defense" before this thing will die down. It shouldn't be this way but the modern Redskins fan doesn't just accept what he/she is told without questioning and analyzing, and sometimes over-analyzing, everything. Like I said.......human nature. :(

Yes, I am sick to death of hearing about it and reading about it but we are talking human nature here. Until we get a satifactory reason WHY LaVar is not playing (and most of us obviously don't believe we've had one yet), this topic will not die. Inquiring minds want to know EXACTLY why. Many of us have a hard time believing what our own coaches are saying, partly based on LaVar's past stats and partly because of coachspeak.

Williams is either going to have to play him more or say something harsh like "He's a dumb-ass and we're afraid he'll totally screw up our defense" before this thing will die down. It shouldn't be this way but the modern Redskins fan doesn't just accept what he/she is told without questioning and analyzing, and sometimes over-analyzing, everything. Like I said.......human nature. :(

And what of LA's comments today and his demeanor in general? What say you?

the coaches are dead wrong and hiding something and lavar should be all over the field . g. williams should be making up a plan to bring arrington from every angle. not making up excuses to tell the media about why he isnt playing him. they {the coaches} are lying.

maybe lying is a little too harsh . hiding something might be more accurate.

Archived