Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2-pt Conversion

Brave

Sellers slipped on the play...his man should have cleared, but hesitated when Sellers went down...he would have followed Sellers over the middle and not been in the play...blame it on the field conditions....it was a good play by Brunell.

In real time I thought this was a terrible play on Brunell's part.

After watching the replay, I thought he made a nice pass and it was just a darn fine defensive play.

So close ...

as a bronco fan i think gibbs is at fault. lining up in shotgun limited your options. there was no doubt you were passing, if he had lined up under center you could have at least put a little doubt in the defenses mind.

as a bronco fan i think gibbs is at fault. lining up in shotgun limited your options. there was no doubt you were passing, if he had lined up under center you could have at least put a little doubt in the defenses mind.

The defense bit on the playaction...except gold haha

Intersting view, but honestly ... how often do you see a straight run on a 2pt conversion? Or ... say ... a 4th and goal from the 3? That's a play where you keep your options open early in the play. Running gives you no options.

as a bronco fan i think gibbs is at fault. lining up in shotgun limited your options. there was no doubt you were passing, if he had lined up under center you could have at least put a little doubt in the defenses mind

Dude,

There is no way he runs the ball at that point in time. The best opportunity was to pass the ball. why not? We were throwing the ball all over the place against your defense. Come on!! It was the correct.

It was a fine pass attempt, but he could have trotted into the endzone. He had a dude out there that was lookin to block the only defender that would have had a shot at him goin in. O well, I dont think anyone really believed that the Skins would go 16-0 in the regular season, but this team fought until the last second and showed some more improvement despite all the penalties. WE CAN BEAT KC! and then move onto San Fran. Could still be 5-1 very soon

1) In the entire history of football, who is the only college to have their entire offensive backfield drafted in the NFL first round?

2) In the entire history of football, who is the only runningback to gain over 100 yards in each of his first three games as a rookie?

Auburn and Carnell Williams...I'll take NFL passing leaders for 500 Alex.

Good to see most of us are in agreement here. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and say the other guy made a hell of a play. This game was lost on special teams, with penalties and most of all on two unexplainable lapses by our defense. I haven't had a chance to go take another look at those two long runs, but I have a feeling a couple Redskin defenders are not looking forward to GW's film meeting next week. Somebodt F'ed up, especially on the second one.

When I saw it I thought he should fake the pass to the wide open receiver and run the 3 yards in that big hole. We could've tied and maybe even won the game in overtime, but if he would've got hurt on that play. That could've caused us the season. I think it's better to take the one loss than to lose the whole season. We can learn a lot from this loss, and gain from the experince going into Kansas City. It's hard to win on the road, but if we want the Division we need to win.

:cheers:

It was a great defensive play can't really take anything away from him, but I also think he rushed that pass a bit. He didn't have a defender within 10 yards of him and probably could have gotten Gold out of position by giving it another quick pump.

In the end that really didn't cost us the game though and really only speaks to how well Brunell was playing. That we even had a shot to pull within two was a near miracle.

Archived