Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2-pt Conversion

Brave

a nice play by Gold. I thought he could have run it in and maybe he could have but he probably figured it was safer to throw it to patten who looked wide open (or so) then to try and beat their fast LBs to the corner. Gold just had great reactions and got his hand up. A heartbreaker but what are you going to do? would have been nice to get that safety or not let that kick get blocked.

First off -- I'll mirror what everyone else has said; Patten was wide open, and Gold made a great play.

Secondly -- Gold was only about 5 yards deep in the endzone to make that play. He and Wilson would have closed on Brunell if he tried to run it in, methinks. Brunell probably would have gotten stuffed at the line. It definitely would have been an exciting play, but with potential for disaster. If they get a good lick on him, well, he's old.

And again, Patten was wide-open; that's the right play. Damn Ian Gold...:mad:

as a bronco fan i think gibbs is at fault. lining up in shotgun limited your options. there was no doubt you were passing, if he had lined up under center you could have at least put a little doubt in the defenses mind.

Please...Shanny was outcoached today...

Saved by the 'tuck' rule :doh:

Great call.... dragging Patten across the formation in the back of the endzone. He was wide open.... and Gold just made a heck of a play. Sometimes the right play call and great execution is "topped" by a great athletic play. The 2-pt conversion was evidence of that.

In real time I thought this was a terrible play on Brunell's part.

After watching the replay, I thought he made a nice pass and it was just a darn fine defensive play.

So close ...

Ian Gold is a special player. Denver is FILLED with players like that. Thats why they have a better record than the Skins and thats why they won.

Archived