Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Goners" vs. The "Replacements"

SouthernSkinsFan

For those that might care about such trivial matters, here's a breakdown of some of the big names that left us versus the ones brought in to replace them. Nothing major, but at least it's not a Lavar thread!

L. Coles - 1 rec for 16 yards

S. Moss - 6 for 87

F. Smoot - 1 tackle

C. Rogers - 8 tackles, 1 forced fumble

A. Pierce - 7 solo, 1 assisted, 1 interception

L. Marshall - 7 solo, 1 sack

D. Patten - 3 for 15

R. Gardner - no catches so far but has cut in front of other receivers some, drawing the ire of Jake Delhomme

Not a bad trade-off, so far. Maybe this Gibbs guy knows something about football. :applause:

Can you talk some more about this? I don't follow the Panthers, but I"m amused.

Just watching a little bit of the game tonight (Monday), I saw that 50/50 is finally playing for the Panthers. But he has run the wrong route at least a couple of times that I saw. Again, I have been watching sporadically, but one time he cut in the way of the intended receiver and Jake D. got pretty upset about it. Rod must be "going to Carolina in his mind" 'cause he sure ain't doing it on the field.

Interesting thread. I'll take the guys we have now over the ones we had last year, obviously. I've trusted Gibbs from the get go. Looks like it has been warranted so far. This is the best our team has looked in a long time, no doubt about it.

For the most part I agree. Though the only one I'd care to have back still is Pierce. I agreed with the release as far as the whole money thing went. Lemar has done well.. but I still get the feeling we'd have seen a few more sacks and interceptions with Pierce in the Middle and Lemar on the weak side. That linebacker set was just crazy scary... and Lavar wouldn't have been much of a thought in my mind.

I'm still hoping that as time progresses, Marshall gets more comfortable in the middle and can get this D back to where they were. Cause as good as this D may be compared to the league.. compared to itself.. it's a couple notches below last year. Seattle never would have come close to coming back.

For the most part I agree. Though the only one I'd care to have back still is Pierce. I agreed with the release as far as the whole money thing went. Lemar has done well.. but I still get the feeling we'd have seen a few more sacks and interceptions with Pierce in the Middle and Lemar on the weak side. That linebacker set was just crazy scary... and Lavar wouldn't have been much of a thought in my mind.

(last year)Seattle never would have come close to coming back.

I agree, our D looks great but does not seem to be one step ahead of the offense like they were last year, that was because Pierce always had them in the right position. I just don't have the same confidence in Marshall

For those that might care about such trivial matters, here's a breakdown of some of the big names that left us versus the ones brought in to replace them. Nothing major, but at least it's not a Lavar thread!

L. Coles - 1 rec for 16 yards

S. Moss - 6 for 87

F. Smoot - 1 tackle

C. Rogers - 8 tackles, 1 forced fumble

A. Pierce - 7 solo, 1 assisted, 1 interception

L. Marshall - 7 solo, 1 sack

D. Patten - 3 for 15

R. Gardner - no catches so far but has cut in front of other receivers some, drawing the ire of Jake Delhomme

Not a bad trade-off, so far. Maybe this Gibbs guy knows something about football. :applause:

Didn't Lamar have a pick in the first game against Chicago

Smoot's play may be deceptive in stats also. He may have not had any balls thrown at his side of the field. Didn't help much in run support, I suppose though. I wouldn't mind having Pierce and Smoot still on our D.

Yea, I kinda miss ol' Smoot.

I hope we burn him on Sunday, though.

Archived