Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for season ticket holders

Chrisbob74

As most of you will be aware, the Cardinals 'home' game this weekend is being played in Mexico.

Next year, there is hope that Londons brand new Wembley Stadium can stage a regular season game.

Of course, I would love to see the Skins play over here and it would make sense that if a game is staged at Wembley, two East Coast teams are choosen for geographical reasons, like the way two west coast teams have been choosen to go to Mexico.

But, there is the problem of a team losing a home game.

How would you all feel if it was the Skins who lost a home game next year?

My hope is they are choosen as the away team (if the Wembley game happens). One thing mentioned when I have discussed this with other UK fans is that the Giants might be a fair choice to be the 'home' team as they effectively had an extra home game this season.

Thoughts?

There is no way I would want the Redskins to be the "home" team in any stadium other than FedEx (unless of course they want to go back to RFK for sentimental reasons). It defeats the purpose of homefield advantage. If they are the visiting team than I wouldn't mind, as long as all of you over there root for the Skins. The reason the Cardinals are playing in Mexico is that they don't draw any fans at their own stadium.

Since the Giants had to play a "road" game against the Saints in Giants Stadium, I vote that they play "over there." There was a similar scenario in 1973 when the Steelers @ Jets game was moved to Pittsburgh because of the World Series. Therefore, I say make the Steelers play the Giants at Wembley and remedy these "road" games for both teams.

I agree with the guy who said teams who sell out home games shouldnt go. Thats why they are wasting a Cards game in Mexico, becasue no one goes to those games to begin with. I think that I dont really know woh else has a ton of trouble selling tickets. Either that or use a couple teams who arent expected to compete (like the cards/niners, lol)

I can't see how in the world the NFL would ever make the Skins a home game in that type of situation.

We have a 90,000 + person stadium. It would hurt the NFL's attendance numbers too much to take a home game away from the Skins. Pretty much the same reason we almost always start the season at home. The NFL loves to tout its opening week attendance numbers.

I do find it hard to believe that the Skins would be choosen as the 'home' team but from my point of view, i would love to have a chance to see them play for real and seeing as a trip to the States is out of the question for a few years yet I'd love it if they were choosen as the 'away' team.

Of course, all your concerns are geniune and I don't blame anyone for feeling the way they do about it.

Newbie here.........

No I am completely against it....why should we wear them out by forcing them to travel a thousand miles (heck with a bye week that is still too much) while we are still selling FEDex out even though we only made the playoffs in the decade.

As for the Giants I absolutely for sending them to Britain playing a financially challenged team like the panthers and giving them a fair amount for it.

Has anyone heard the bit at Kornheiser's show with the fridge and that stadium funnyLOL.....

Archived