Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb with an abdominal sports hernia...

drkewl

McNabb severely limited, mr. reliable Akers done.....

um, why are the Eagles still a lock to win the NFC East? I think that, for the first time in years, its actually wide open.

With few exceptions (see patriots), winning teams in the NFL have a very finely tuned 'balance' that if upset can tip the scales one way or the other. Philly looked horrible against Oakland (a bad team) but pulled it out not cuz they played well, just oakland played horribly.

I think people expecting another eagles sweep of the skins might be pleasantly surprised.

If we can take down seattle, and steal one game either at denver or KC, 10-6 is looking more and more doable. :point2sky

yup. mcnabb now will avoid running at all costs which makes playing D against the Eagles much more doable. Owens is still a beast, but if he's hurting anywhere near as bad as mcnabb is after only 3 games.....

I think the Eagles are and should be very worried.

McNabb was just named NFC player of the month and has had the injury since the beginning of training camp. Keep wishing though. It has worked the last few years for you, right? ;)

This injury is a pretty big deal. He is basically a hit away in every game...

honestly I don't understand why you aren't concerned.

Both players have overcome major injuries in the past......we Eagles fans aren't that worried because we have been down this road before. Most Eagles fans aren't Chicken Little's so you won't hear any of us yelling the Sky Is Falling.

Our confidence is because like Redskin fans, we believe in our coaches and the talent that they have on the team.

This injury is a pretty big deal. He is basically a hit away in every game...

honestly I don't understand why you aren't concerned.

with all due respect Zoony, but isn't just about every player on the field just a hit away in every game ?

Worst case scenario, McNabb gets hit, gets worse, they bring in Detmer or McMahon... they went 5-1 w/ Feeley in '02.

What happens if Brunell, Bledsoe, or Manning goes down ?

with all due respect Zoony, but isn't just about every player on the field just a hit away in every game ?

Worst case scenario, McNabb gets hit, gets worse, they bring in Detmer or McMahon... they went 5-1 w/ Feeley in '02.

What happens if Brunell, Bledsoe, or Manning goes down ?

2 things...

1. c'mon, you know better. Of course everyone is one hit away. But not a routine tackle away.

2. McNabb is your team. Just like all of the marquee QB's in this league, as he goes, so goes your team. Check Atlanta when Vick went down, and tell me the Patriot's chances without Brady. You can continue to tell me that the eagles are enough of a 'team' to survive without mcnabb, but you will be lying to yourself.

I honestly can't believe (seriously, no offense) the arrogance of eagles fans... they think it is no big deal if McNabb somehow gets sidelined. I'm here to tell you that as a group you couldn't be more wrong... It is a HUGE deal.

And if you want to argue about McNabb's importance to the team, don't take it up with me. Take it up with your own front office. They know where their bread is buttered. Look no further than the contract that McNabb got -vs- the nickel and dime treatment everyone else on the team gets.

Football is a game of interchangeable parts. But not at the QB position. Simply look at last year's list of playoffs teams, look at the starting QB's, and you'll have a whos-who of all star QBs.

On another note, I really do hope McNabb finishes this year and stays healthy. Because I believe that we can split with the Eagles this year, and I would rather do it against a healthy McNabb so there won't be any excuses.

And in those 6 games, only one of those wins was against a competitive team. It was also only 6 games, not 13. Do you honestly think you can stay competitive that long without your best players?

2 things...

1. c'mon, you know better. Of course everyone is one hit away. But not a routine tackle away.

routine tackle... says who ? you ? Show me anywhere that anyone has said this injury makes him more injury prone than anyone else. The injury is already there... it's about pain management. McNabb is about as good as it gets when we're talking about playing in pain. Hell, I was at the game in the VET where he threw 4 tds on a broken ankle.

2. McNabb is your team. Just like all of the marquee QB's in this league, as he goes, so goes your team. Check Atlanta when Vick went down, and tell me the Patriot's chances without Brady. You can continue to tell me that the eagles are enough of a 'team' to survive without mcnabb, but you will be lying to yourself.

Why do you bring up the Falcons or Patriots but ignore the fact that The Eagles won 5 out of 6 games without McNabb in 2002 ?

Perhaps you're the one lying to yourself when you say the Eagles can't win w/o him...

And even if he has the surgery he'll be back before the playoffs.

The Eagles and Falcons are completely different and that is a horrible comparison. As I've already stated, the Eagles went 5-1 w/o McNabb in 2002... the Falcons went 5-11 in 2003 w/o Vick.

I honestly can't believe (seriously, no offense) the arrogance of eagles fans... they think it is no big deal if McNabb somehow gets sidelined. I'm here to tell you that as a group you couldn't be more wrong... It is a HUGE deal.

No offense, but I think I know my team way better than you do. And who's arrogant ? Nobody wants McNabb to go out... it would be a loss to the team. Here's the difference perhaps... we believe that the team could survive it for awhile until he was back.... Why do we think that... or as you put it, why are we so arrogant... I'll say it again, maybe because we've seen it happen. You did too. Your beloved Skins got beat 34-21 by an AJ Feeley led Eagles.... the Eagles ended up in the NFC Championship game that year. So tell me again that I'm wrong. I'll tell you to go look at the 2002 Eagles. I'll go even further, this years Eagles have WAY more supporting talent than the 2002 team did.

And if you want to argue about McNabb's importance to the team, don't take it up with me. Take it up with your own front office. They know where their bread is buttered. Look no further than the contract that McNabb got -vs- the nickel and dime treatment everyone else on the team gets.

I have never stated anything to the contrary. I am a realist. I know his importance. But I also don't go running around saying the sky is falling b/c of an injury. Especially an injury that nobody knows how it will affect him, if it does at all. Reports are that it's been nagging him since training camp and he was just named NFC Offensive player of the month..... seems like he's doing okay so far.

Football is a game of interchangeable parts. But not at the QB position. Simply look at last year's list of playoffs teams, look at the starting QB's, and you'll have a whos-who of all star QBs.

Your point ? See, here's my problem w/ your whole argument Zoony... you're assuming that McNabb won't be there come the end of the season. You'll notice in my first post to you, I only mentioned McNabb going out as a WORST CASE scenario. I guess unlike a lot of you here, I trust McNabb. If he says he can play, I expect him to go out and play. I expect him to do it for the rest of the season and be there to be part of this years whos-who of star QBs in the playoffs. And again, worst case, if he needs the surgery, I'm confident that the Eagles can do well enough for a few weeks (factor the bye week into that) to keep them in the playoff race.

On another note, I really do hope McNabb finishes this year and stays healthy. Because I believe that we can split with the Eagles this year, and I would rather do it against a healthy McNabb so there won't be any excuses.

I hear ya and agree w/ you. I think the Eagles and Skins split this year too.

Good luck on Sunday.

And in those 6 games, only one of those wins was against a competitive team. It was also only 6 games, not 13. Do you honestly think you can stay competitive that long without your best players?

They can only beat the teams on their schedule, right ? They did that 5 out 6 times w/o McNabb. What more can I say ?

Who says he would miss 13 weeks if he had the surgery ?

Your point ? See, here's my problem w/ your whole argument Zoony...

you just had to go there with the '02 run, didn't ya? :doh:

sunshine, dog's butt. :D

I don't know what else to say TerpsEagles, other than we disagree.

It is my contention that the Eagles, just like every other team in the NFL, are as good as their QB. Sure, they could plug Detmer or whoever in for a game or two and maybe eek out a few wins. But no way does that happen over the long haul.

You see, TerpsEagles... Reid and the FO agree with me (how they pay their players). So does the FO for every team that has a marquee QB. Look at the contracts for Vick, Brady, Manning, McNabb, etc. Reid's first move in that role was to draft a QB as high as possible that he could build around. It was Joe Gibbs' first move as well. (veteran but then he turned to the draft)

Show me a team with a marquee QB, and I'll show you a perennial contender. Show me a GOOD team without strength at the QB position, and I'll show you the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys. :)

For an Eagles fan to claim they are not worried about McNabb missing playing time... sorry.... that is just plain arrogant. I don't know how else to put it. As McNabb goes, so goes the Eagles. I've got news for you... it's not Reid's football smarts. His system is simply a WCO borrowed from Holmgren. It's not Owens, it's not Westbrook, it's not Trotter... It's McNabb.

Take away McNabb and the eagles are an 8-8 team. They do have a good defense, but don't EVER convince yourself they are good enough to win games without McNabb.

As for the severity of McNabb's injury... I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But I saw McNabb grimacing in pain on several occasions, and I would think that a helmet or a hit to his sternum would most likely be more than he could bear. I could be wrong on that, I will concede that point.

agree to disagree is fine.

FWIW, Schlereth was on Mike and Mike today saying that players gut this kind of injury out all the time.

As for convincing myself that they can't win w/o McNabb.... um okay, I'll just simply forget what they did in 2002 when McNabb was out for 6 weeks. It's not like they went 5-1 w/o him. So yeah, you're right... I won't try to convince myself of that... I'll just forget it like you apparently have.

agree to disagree is fine.

FWIW, Schlereth was on Mike and Mike today saying that players gut this kind of injury out all the time.

As for convincing myself that they can't win w/o McNabb.... um okay, I'll just simply forget what they did in 2002 when McNabb was out for 6 weeks. It's not like they went 5-1 w/o him. So yeah, you're right... I won't try to convince myself of that... I'll just forget it like you apparently have.

If we could somehow come up with a bet on how the Eagles would do without McNAbb I would be all for it... but that is bad karma and in no way would I want for McNabb to miss any playing time. Or anyone else for that matter.

So I guess we are at an impass...

(and your '02 run... we won 5 games in a row with TONY FRIGGIN BANKS at Qb but finished 8-8. My point was about the long haul of the season, not a 6 week snapshot. ;) )

Archived