Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Questions about Religion?

Thinking Skins

A friend provided me with a web site, http://www.christian-thinktank.com/, that has many logical and scientific discussions on The Bible and Christianity.

Here's a brief summary I found about it on one of his pages:

"This complex of pages represents one man's Christian journey through 20th-century Western thought. It contains his reflections on philosophy, on theology, on spirituality, on apologetics. These are not abstract opinions, but rather serious, committed, and honest attempts to confront the urgent and contemporary questions of skeptics, of believers, of himself, and of his God..."

(well, it IS a bit melodramatic, but it DOES make the point that it is NOT an 'official religious' site...its just my cognitive meanderings...)

I update this web site approximately monthly.

Unfortunately, I don't get much chance to answer email--I READ all of the 5-or-less page emails, but my responses seem to lag 12-18 months behind (at best). [At this time, I literally have 1,300+ messages in the inbox.] I wish I could do better, but I am a travelling executive, a slow thinker, a person who turns the smallest question into a Herculean research task, and who spends every discretionary minute doing the research on the backlog of 2500+ questions that have ALREADY been submitted. I really am interested in hearing from visitors, esp. their stories of their spiritual journeys--either toward or away from the Lord. It's just I cannot write back...

I don't have my own melodramatic webpage, but one of my degrees is in Biblical Studies, and I'll happily address any religious questions people might have.

Caution: You might not like the answers. But I'll respond a whole lot quicker than 12-18 months.

Note: If there is more than one possible answer to a question that I'm aware of, I'll try to give all the possibilities, tell you which one I believe and why.

A friend provided me with a web site, http://www.christian-thinktank.com/, that has many logical and scientific discussions on The Bible and Christianity

I went throught the site brielfy and it seems to be one sided, IMHO you can't have logical and scientific discussions with only one view, what you will have is universal agreement

If you got questions maybe you want to browse this site

http://www.religioustolerance.org/

I don't have my own melodramatic webpage, but one of my degrees is in Biblical Studies, and I'll happily address any religious questions people might have.

Caution: You might not like the answers. But I'll respond a whole lot quicker than 12-18 months.

Note: If there is more than one possible answer to a question that I'm aware of, I'll try to give all the possibilities, tell you which one I believe and why.

What is the basis for the common christian belief in literal interpretation of the bible? Seems to me that teaching through story telling was all the rage at the time the bible stories were being handed down, and ignoring that context does it no justice.

What is the basis for the common christian belief in literal interpretation of the bible? Seems to me that teaching through story telling was all the rage at the time the bible stories were being handed down, and ignoring that context does it no justice.

Definitely not answering for Blue Talon, but a literal interpretation of the Bible can be important because, well, it loses a lot of impact if that stuff just a'int true.

Destino,while you wait this article gives a decent breakdown on content and context imo.

http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c020.html

Archived