Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm new to the board!

Potato Sack

Thank you ALL for the VERY VERY warm welcomes. It's nice to swing through a board with warm regards surrounding you. I may have been by fanball, can't remember. I only post on 3 boards now: my own (check out the sig and swing by some time if ya want), Redskinshq (I'm goofygator3 over there), and now this one.

*waves hello* :pint:

Yo GoSkins,

Tube the rapids at the New River for me. Maybe throw a couple back at the Cascades. Have an extra plate of pasta at the Cellar.

And tell Beamer if he ever tries to leave, a whole bunch of us alums are going to trak him down and have little "talk" with him.

God I miss school, sometimes. :)

Originally posted by Om

Yo GoSkins,

Tube the rapids at the New River for me. Maybe throw a couple back at the Cascades. Have an extra plate of pasta at the Cellar.

And tell Beamer if he ever tries to leave, a whole bunch of us alums are going to trak him down and have little "talk" with him.

God I miss school, sometimes. :)

um...a million a year...I don't think Beamer's going ANYWHERE! ;)

Haven't been to the Cellar in a while. I frequent PKs and BW3s.

Hoping to hit the rapids soon. Gotta kid coming in October, so my life's on hold for the moment! LOL

The definition of a Hokie

WHAT'S A HOKIE?

The answer leads all the way back to 1896 when Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College changed its name to Virginia Polytechnic Institute. With the change came the necessity for writing a new cheer and a contest for such a purpose was held by the student body. Senior O.M. Stull won first prize for his "Hokie" yell which is still used today. Later, when asked if "Hokie" had any special meaning, Stull explained the word was solely the product of his imagination and was used only as an attention-getter for his yell. It soon became a nickname for all Tech teams and for those people loyal to Tech athletics. The official university school colors - Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange - also were introduced in 1896. The colors were chosen by a committee because they made a 'unique combination' not worn elsewhere at the time.

The official definition of "hokie" is "a loyal Virginia Tech Fan".

Archived