Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you just tank the season?

Thinking Skins

Given the news out of New York that Pennington is probably done for the year (possibly for his career), and add to that the fact that Matt Leineart is coming out next year, probably going first in the draft, and most scouts say he's ready to go pro (and was ready last march).

Put all these things together and you've gotta question whether you'd want to just go 1-15 this year and try and do better next year with Leinart in there, or at least be able to groom him to take over?

Given the news out of New York that Pennington is probably done for the year (possibly for his career), and add to that the fact that Matt Leineart is coming out next year, probably going first in the draft, and most scouts say he's ready to go pro (and was ready last march).

Put all these things together and you've gotta question whether you'd want to just go 1-15 this year and try and do better next year with Leinart in there, or at least be able to groom him to take over?

Are you talking Jets football?

There is no shot that Herman Edwards would do that to his team, and also of course Leinart is coming out, he's a senior. I'm at least glad that the scouts agree with me. :laugh:

BTW, tanking your season after 3 weeks of football is the dumbest idea I have ever heard.

Assuming you're talking Jets football, the answer is F-NO!

You try and go out for someone who can start right-away. In the NFL there is no longer years to build, it's win now. And you certainly don't Sh**-can a season after the 3rd week.

Yeah, I give Herm Edwards a lot of credit and don't think he'll do it.

But I don't think he'll get have a winning season either. So he's probably going to be looking for a QB early in the draft next year. So if the season happens to be winding down, don't you think that it might be going through some people's minds in NY that every vicrory takes them further away from that top pick?

Archived