Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking ahead to the Seahawks

Spaceman Spiff

I know we have another week and a half to go, but whatever...

what do you all think of the seahawks? Harder than what we've seen so far?

Shaun Alexander is what worries me the most, obviously. I think Hasselbeck is defintily respected, but he's not a top flight quarterback.

Looking at their defense, Trufant, Boulware, Sharper and Wistrom are the names I recognize and know about, but I don't think any of them should be too intimidating. I don't know how their defense plays as a unit.

Anyway, just tired of the Brunell/Ramsey threads, even though I've said my fair share in them. Thought I'd start talking about our opponents even though they're awhile ahead.

Shaun Alexander is what worries me the most, obviously. I think Hasselbeck is defintily respected, but he's not a top flight quarterback.

you should worry about hasselbeck...he's a pro bowl qb and if his recievers can learn to hang on to the ball they'd be even more dangerous. alexander is a threat, but we probably can hold him down as long as their passing game doesn't click. this is probably the most balanced team we've faced so far and they probably will be aggressive the entire game. i think we beat seattle a couple of years ago despite them staging a monster comeback.

they should be able to hold our offense down since we don't try to do much anyway.

i say seattle 13 skins 39

I think Seattle will be paranoid about the deep ball, which will leave us opportunities for medium passes we otherwise wouldn't have had. I think we have a slight advantage offensively and defensively. Plus the game is at home. It's a long road game for them, a five-six hour flight, and a very early kickoff (10 AM Seattle time), they'll have some jet lag. I think the Redskins will be favored, and I think we'll beat the spread.

I think the key will be Portis. Gibbs will try to use the pass down early, but only to make them think out of the box. Then Portis, with a mix of Betts, will be used in a ball control offense. Our defense has been less blitz and more bend and don't break. This will be the game plan again, the Seahawks did a great job against the Atlanta D's rush, so I think Williams focus in on the coverage and stuff the run.

Redskins win in another tight one.

The Seahawks offense is a lot like our, they can not play 4 quarters of football and are inconsistent. Hasselbeck can be dangerous and Shaun Alexander is one of the NFL's Premier RBs but our defense can keep the in check. The WRs have been known have problems holing on to the ball. The defense is good but not elite.

If Greg Williams can keep there the Hawks D in check and hold Alexander and Marc Brunell and the O does not have to wait until the last 5 mins to score we can win the game.

This is a winnable game for the Skins, Seattle has problems on the road BUT it is not a cake walk. The Hawks have made the playoffs the last 2 seasons, granted they are in the NFC West but those are 2 more trips then we have had.

pl_154589.jpg

last time they came to our house we won. That was the year they went 8-0 at home and 2-6 on the road.

I believe Rock got 80+yds rushing on them. I have faith in our staff to prepare for Shaun Alexander as we usually dont give up 100yd rushing days. Hasselbeck can beat you with his arm, and has done it to teams in the past. It comes down to our running game, and secondary play.

If we can stop Shauwn Alexander, then it will be a tough day for their offense to move the ball. They have the 5th best overall offense in the league. They are 7th in the league in Rushing (we are 6th), and 12th in passing. So like I said...If we stop Alexander, we should win. Jackson and Engram are tough receivers, but they also like to drop the ball in pressure situations. They did pick up Peter Warrick, which could give them the chance to go deep. Sean Taylor cant be greedy to try and stop Alexander or play action will kill us. Their offensive line has allowed six sacks so far, so putting pressure on Hasselbeck is key as well.

Their defense is 11th overall in the league. They have 5 sacks total so hopefully are line should be able to control their front. They are 8th in the league against the pass, but they have no INT's yet. Hopefully we wont help them out in that department. Hamlin and Boulware are very tough at both safety spots. Their CB Dyson comes over from The Titans and had six INTS last year. Marcus Trufant is pretty good too. He is a very good tackler (93) and also had 5 INTS. We need are running game to get going early so we can open up the passing game.

The big thing is that they are 25th in the league against the RUN!! That leaves Portis to probably have a big day. They most likely will try to stack 8 in the box, and with Ray Rhodes making the defensive calls, they will have something ready for Portis and Betts. Hopefully our O-Line will take advantage our their weak D-Line and give Portis some good holes to run through. Fred Taylor had 73 yards rushing and Dunn only had 54 yards. They do have Jamie Sharper who is a heck of a player at outside linebacker. We will have to find someway to keep him off of Portis. We will need to go at their other outside line back who is unproven. His name is D.D. Lewis, and he will be lined up over Jansen and Thomas. So Portis should have a big day on that side of their denfense. Also Dyson is on that side, and he is not that good of a tackler compared to Troufant. So like I said...WE NEED TO BEAT THEM DOWN ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF OUR OFFENSE BY RUNNING DOWN THEIR THROAT AND WITH SOME STRETCH RUNS!!!

We can definitely win this game, but it all bears down on us stopping Alexander!!

Archived