Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did those last 5 minutes really change so many opinions?

footballhenry

Okay, anyone that was on this site during the game last night knows how many people were calling for Brunell and Gibbs' respective hides. Myself included to an extent. Now it seems that there is entire change of attitude about Brunell because of the last 5 minutes of the game. My view is that he played bad for 55 minutes and great for 5 minutes, this wont get it done in the NFL. Thats my view, but to keep it simple: Did the last 5 minutes really change so many opinions here? How? Why? (those last 5 minutes dont erase the fact that we were the worst Offense in the league before that)

Henry I guess you don't blame any of the SUPER CONSERVATIVE play calling on the first quarters :doh:

Dallas also has a very good D

Plus last week everyone blamed Portis for Ramsey's inability, well last night Portis was shut down I see you do not give Mark the same benefit of the doubt.

I do give Brunell ALOT more credit after the last 5 minutes, trust me. It still doesn't change the fact that he played an overall bad game, imho. I worry about this so much because I want the team to succeed and I dont see it happening with Brunell under center.

Oh and to your assertion that Moss is getting too much credit, if you watch the first pass it is thrown in an odd place, that catch was all Moss as he had to readjust to the ball and get under it. I mean come on people, I know Madden might not be the best announcer but even he had Moss as player of the game NOT Brunell. Moss was MVP of this game, hands down, not the Great Brunell.

Just wait until Seattle comes into town and we start seeing receivers underthrown and mistakes being made again just like last night by Brunell, I hope Im wrong but I really dont think I will be.

I don't think Moss is getting too much, Moss is getting the just right amount. However it takes two to hookup a play like that. Thats all I'm saying.

The whole offense sucked last night, Sneed got it right. The O-line sucked, as a result Portis didn't do much, Betts had a fumble and didn't do much. You can't put the offense sucking on Brunell's shoulders 100%. It's a team game, remember?

I'll bet we're going to see a completely different offense come 10/2.

I wouldn't hold my breath. But the team needs to do some thing. They are not likely to continue to get the kind of luck they did Monday night. Brunell was so bad most of that game I was cheering every time Dallas took a cheap shot at him. Another concussion would solve the QB problem for now.

Yes, your ego that prevents you from admitting your wrong and makes you continue to bash a team you supposedly route for. Your ego.

I haven't questioned anyones loyalty as a fan to the team so don't do it to me. I have no ego to guide me on an internet messageboard, I simply post what my thoughts and feelings are about certain topics, period. Also I have never 'bashed' my team, not once. However I am a fan of this team, and I have a right to have opinions about how its run or who starts and who doesn't. Obviously I have no power to make PR the QB, but if I feel like posting on a website that I think Brunell is washed up then I can do that. Until I see Brunell stretch those last 5 minutes into a full game, at the very least, then ill continue to believe that he is NOT the answer at QB.

This game could be a real spark for this team, I think they all have a taste for what winning with Gibbs is, and what winning a big game. Its also a huge early season, pre bye week thing for everyone to bond over. They could come out 10/2 lookin like a real team

They now have the opportunity to do something this season. They won't, however, if Gibbs can't fix this O.

I wouldn't hold my breath. But the team needs to do some thing. They are not likely to continue to get the kind of luck they did Monday night. Brunell was so bad most of that game I was cheering every time Dallas took a cheap shot at him. Another concussion would solve the QB problem for now.

This has got to be one of the most pathetic posts I have ever seen after one of the biggest wins in recent redskins history.

Thats ****ed up man. How old are you?

you cant blame all the offensive woes on Brunell in the first 3 1/2 quarters. You didnt blame Ramsey when the offense sucked, you said it wasnt all him, you blamed everyone else for running the wrong routes. Now this was all brunell's fault? I guess its too much to ask you Ramsey fans to put your ego aside in favor of the team, thats your problem.

Brunell really does suck, but I agree that the performance of the O was not all his fault. Play calling was dreadful. The upside of playing either of the two other QB's is to develop them. Brunell is a waste and was a lousy acquisition. The team needs a GM.

yeah they definitely changed my opinion thats for sure. gibbs has won me over into the brunell supporting crowd, but i'm more of i'll support whoever he puts at QB and has faith in. Brunell showed alot of moxy last night after getting hit around all kinds of hard. To come back and win it on some AWESOME deep throws...that's saying something.

And just for your info, right now we have the #10 Offense (total yards) and #4 Defense (total yards) in the league. Now THAT'S saying something.

Take us to the Playoffs, Mark. We've waited long enough.

Brunell really does suck, but I agree that the performance of the O was not all his fault. Play calling was dreadful. The upside of playing either of the two other QB's is to develop them. Brunell is a waste and was a lousy acquisition. The team needs a GM.

Excluding last years performance where he was hurt...what has he done this year to make you think he sucks? We're 2-0, right? How can you say that when you just admitted to the performance of the offense wasn't all his fault and that the playcalling sucked?

I haven't questioned anyones loyalty as a fan to the team so don't do it to me. I have no ego to guide me on an internet messageboard, I simply post what my thoughts and feelings are about certain topics, period. Also I have never 'bashed' my team, not once. However I am a fan of this team, and I have a right to have opinions about how its run or who starts and who doesn't. Obviously I have no power to make PR the QB, but if I feel like posting on a website that I think Brunell is washed up then I can do that. Until I see Brunell stretch those last 5 minutes into a full game, at the very least, then ill continue to believe that he is NOT the answer at QB.

Well, atleast try to realize it wasnt all Brunell. I noticed Cooley doggin some of his routes out there comming off the line. The pass protection broke down pretty badly a few times, Brunell hasnt been the starter until this week, which according to some makes a huge difference and that was Ramsey's excuse. Its not all Brunell, just like it wasnt all Ramsey.

Brunell made a few plays throughout the game Ramsey would never make. He won a game Ramsey doesnt win, he showed as much heart as anyone can. He won us a Dallas in Dallas game, first in ten years. A little credit thrown his way wouldnt kill ya

We tried to develop Ramsey, he didnt come along at all. We dont wanna just throw Campbell in there, thats not helpin him. Brunell will give us the best chance to win now, hes someone for Jason to study under and to keep the team of what we hope is out core guys growing, and in a year or two Jason will take over. We are developing a franchise, not a QB.

If the team hadn't had the kin of D it has, the score would have been something like 34-0 in the fourth. Field position was ridiculous the whole game.

There are many parts to a team man. Of course the D was important, but we arent the Colts. If u wanna route for a team that just blows people away with TD's in high scoring shootouts get Direct TV and watch the Colts. This is a defensive team that will do what we need to do to win on O. That includes not turning it over a lot. Brunell threw A pick, it was ugly, but it was one.

We tried to develop Ramsey, he didnt come along at all. We dont wanna just throw Campbell in there, thats not helpin him. Brunell will give us the best chance to win now, hes someone for Jason to study under and to keep the team of what we hope is out core guys growing, and in a year or two Jason will take over. We are developing a franchise, not a QB.

Gibbs should never have shelled out the $$ he did for Numby tho. A sharp GM would have realized Brunell's career was as dead as KFC 3 years ago. Ramsey would have been developed by now if he had been coached properly. Gibbs blew it with him. Maybe Campell will be good, but they have to give him playing time... and if the team is headed for another 7-9 kind of season, why not?

Gibbs should never have shelled out the $$ he did for Numby tho. A sharp GM would have realized Brunell's career was as dead as KFC 3 years ago. Ramsey would have been developed by now if he had been coached properly. Gibbs blew it with him. Maybe Campell will be good, but they have to give him playing time... and if the team is headed for another 7-9 kind of season, why not?

Well with a 2-0 start we're well on our way to 7-9. And just because Brunell was hurt for awhile doesn't mean his career was over.

Archived