Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey's Future????

renegademrnate23

I think maybe Arizona. Wherever he goes I think he'll be like many former DC sports players and become a star. Like Chris Webber, Ben and Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Trent Green, Steven Davis in 03', and.......

Next will be Kwame Brown in L.A. and Rod Gardner in Carolina.:(

Why does this keep happening?:mad: :mad:

I think maybe Arizona. Wherever he goes I think he'll be like many former DC sports players and become a star. Like Chris Webber, Ben and Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Trent Green, Steven Davis in 03', and.......

How many receptions did Rod have last weekend...did it outnumber his drops....

The panthers have only plaid one game, I'm not sayin' I want it to happen, I am actually rooting against him. I'm just a DC sports fan who keeps gettin' burned. I swear it's a curse. Our mayor must of stole from a gypsy or somethin'

I was asking a real question...sorry it sounded like it did...Did he have any catches. I know Coles dropped two sure TD's.

Most of the athletes you mentioned are NBA players, not NFL players, so your point is really stretched. WRT NBA players, some of those were already known to be stars, the question was whether they were the best fit for the large contracts they earn. As for the Redskins, most of the players we cut/traded or did not re-sign have not had big careers elsewhere, a few have. Also, we really have no idea where Ramsey will go IF he goes anywhere, it is only speculation at this point.

The NFL Network's statement last night, is that NO team in the NFL would persue him.

Seems the only people that have seen anything from him are Extreme members.

Go figure...

Why would a team pursue him when they know he has no value to the Redskins. This doesn't mean that teams will not be interested. Oakland would make sense as well.

We will most probably hold onto Ramsey til the end of the season, teams will NEED QB's then, right now there isnt too much of a hurry it appears. After the season, Arizona, Chicago (though Orton looks like he could catch on there), Miami, Seattle (Holmgreen and Hasselbeck's status are still on the bubble I feel), Green Bay (Favre will retire and not sure how well Rodgers is doing), Carolina (mainly cause Delhomme does not have too many years left, and Ramsey is a gunslinger), Kansas City (how old is Green now?). There are a lot of places he could end up, I just hope we get a fair value for him should we trade, like a 2nd-3rd rounder.

No one is going to beat down the door for PR. The Ravens? Why? Do you think he wowed them in either the scrimmage or the preseason game? He is maybe better than Boller, but Boller already knows the system. PR's got heart and a gun, but that's all he's proven to have so far -- his trade value just ain't much.

I disagree, no matter what team Ramsey goes to he is going to be a back-up for at least a year or two. This is his fourth year in the league and his second in Gibbs' system and he still does not look comfortable in the pocket. Riggins said it and Theisman said it, the game should have slowed down by now yet Ramsey still doesn't look comfortable back there.

No one is going to beat down the door for PR. The Ravens? Why? Do you think he wowed them in either the scrimmage or the preseason game? He is maybe better than Boller, but Boller already knows the system. PR's got heart and a gun, but that's all he's proven to have so far -- his trade value just ain't much.

As a result of Boller's injury, the Ravens signed Kordell Stewart today.

So I doubt if they are even an option at this point.

I disagree, no matter what team Ramsey goes to he is going to be a back-up for at least a year or two. This is his fourth year in the league and his second in Gibbs' system and he still does not look comfortable in the pocket. Riggins said it and Theisman said it, the game should have slowed down by now yet Ramsey still doesn't look comfortable back there.

Ramsey is pretty much done here...if we're lucky we'll get a #2 for him. Who knows maybe we can ship him to Denver...after all Jake Plummer (The man the Peter King said last year would be the league MVP) has done little to justify the faith Shanahan has placed in him.

Unfortunately, he seems destined to go the way of Heath Shuler. He has more talent than Shuler, but his multiple problems outweigh his talent. He will bang around the league another 2-3 years than move on to another phase of his life. At least he has a great financial basis for a new start. The man has a lot of heart, a lot of fortitude, and great competitiveness. He will be very successful somewhere, but it sure seems unlikely it will be as an NFL QB anywhere.

Ramsey is pretty much done here...if we're lucky we'll get a #2 for him. Who knows maybe we can ship him to Denver...after all Jake Plummer (The man the Peter King said last year would be the league MVP) has done little to justify the faith Shanahan has placed in him.

I sure wish that were true. But "lucky" would be gett a #4 or 5 pick for him. And if we get that, it will be only if we drag it out, and drag it out like we did with Gardner. We made a steal on that trade.

Actually, if you want to come right down to it, he has more talent but his multiple personalities are outweighing his talent.

Who shows up for the game? The indecisive, foot shuffling, ball patting, no touch on the short passing, look right at the WR the whole time QB or the guy who drops, looks off and zips the ball to the right spot?

The problem comes right down to the fact that he switches in and out of these modes faster than termites chew through rotten wood. And, unfortunately for us, he tends to stay in the first mode more than the second.

Archived