Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laura Bush: Hurricane Corrina

Baculus

I didn't see this video posted, but here is a clip of Laura Bush calling Hurricane Katrina, hurricane Corrina. She did it not once, but twice.

IMHO, that is really, really sad, and out of touch if you cannot even name a hurricane of such magnitude.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/09.html#a4875

Sorry if this video was posted, but I didn't see anything recent on it.

I never said I was perfect, nor did I say she was perfect. I most certainly make mistakes. But I CAN at least say and spell the name of the BIGGEST HURRICANE THAT HAS HIT THIS COUNTRY IN YEARS. Heck, I even spent time researching the name "Katrina" just to see what the name means. (It has more then one meaning, being attributed as both greek and celtic in orgin.)

But the responses are expected from some of you. "Circle the wagons, fast!" After all, I am not the one that said "Corrina," but you have more to say about ME posting what SHE said, as opposed to her own inability to name a storm that has affected millions of her fellow citizens in a very recent time. After all, it's not as if the hurricane was obscure news. BTW, it isn't just the "Left" that offers observations or criticisms - some of you are so stuck in the Left/Right mentality.

I don't care - I think it is sad that she could not even name the storm.

This is absolutely true, but it would not make it any more correct to do so. It's really a non-issue.

Well, in the grand scheme of things it is a non-issue - that really isn't saying very much, really. But it does not help a perception of how "in touch" some folks are with the disaster, eh?

She has a life.

Ok CrazyZeb, who has thousands of posts on an internet message board. :-P Don't start to go down that road of perception of who "has a life"! ANYWAY, some folks such as myself are interested in names. After all, my name is taken from a centurion with legio X, under command with Julius Caesar in Gaul, among other places. Oh, I forgot, research means "no life."

Good try.

Ok CrazyZeb, who has thousands of posts on an internet message board. :-P Don't start to go down that road of perception of who "has a life"! ANYWAY, some folks such as myself are interested in names. After all, my name is taken from a centurion with legio X, under command with Julius Caesar in Gaul, among other places. Oh, I forgot, research means "no life."

Good try.

You need to learn to laugh a little, not take things so seriously. :laugh: It's not like I compared you to Chomerics. ;)

I agree, I'm just pointing out that both sides are the same.

Totally agree again.

But when "my" side focuses on non-issues, it aggravates me, because it is so much easier for the "other" side to defend itself against this kind of petty stuff than it is to defend the bigger picture. It plays right into "their" hands. If you know what I mean.

(This statement applies to both sides in any debate)

Archived