Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Definition of a fan?

Thinking Skins

Obviously you've only reviewed stat sheets & never watched the man play. He's one of the greatest receivers in league history - even a Cowboys fan would admit that. He had a Super Bowl ring while you were still in diapers, so I'm curious to hear thtis argument - I could use a good laugh. I don't mean to get personal, but Art Monk's talent and contribution to the game is undeniable. This may be one of those "tomAEto/tomAAto" arguments, but I prefer guys who play with class instead of flash. Come on, man.. have a little respect.

you make several funny comments. But I don't want to have this whole thread hating me again, so I'm not going to reopen the argument here. If you'd like to read it, you can find it at http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106155&highlight=Monk

My two cents, which aren't worth much for I am not an active poster.

Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion and are more than welcome to express it publicly on a forum for a team that we all should support! The whole QB dilema that has come about in Washington has thrown the fanbase in some sort of shock and chaos. Since the public (outside of DC) has been quick to bash Gibbs for his old-time approach, it is easy for us fans to further express those thoughts when we disagree with the approach of certain actions. Some of us say we are "fed up", others disagree and go on with life, supporting the team as much as we can and only hoping for the best. This is the life of any sports fanatic, no doubt about it.

No improvements in a year and a half huh? Try 17 games... 1 year and 1 game. And this year, he's 1-0. That's a start.

You don't deserve to have Gibbs prove you wrong. You don't have an appreciation for the game of football, the players, the coaches... or the NFL.

The fact that you can't even appreciate a 1-0 record indicates this. You not only want to win.... you want to win in X fashion or you cannot appreciate it.

It's pathetic. I don't care whether you fly to Washington to watch every single game. You don't have an appreciation for the sport.

You do it for self-satisfaction. You do it because you want to brag that you do it. And you want to brag at how great your team is... and how awesome it would be if your team won the Super Bowl every year.

You've got the mentality of a teenager.

You are what is wrong with sports. You are the type of person/parent that drives people out of volunteering for coaching.

No one is going to stop you from watching the game. But you are not a fan of football or the Washington Redskins. You've got a different agenda.

:laugh:

He doesn't worship Gibbs, so he doesn't appreciate or know football. :doh:

I would think if he worshiped Gibbs blindly, like say you maybe. Then maybe it could be said he doesn't appreciate or know Football...

No improvements in a year and a half huh? Try 17 games... 1 year and 1 game. And this year, he's 1-0. That's a start.

You don't deserve to have Gibbs prove you wrong. You don't have an appreciation for the game of football, the players, the coaches... or the NFL.

The fact that you can't even appreciate a 1-0 record indicates this. You not only want to win.... you want to win in X fashion or you cannot appreciate it.

It's pathetic. I don't care whether you fly to Washington to watch every single game. You don't have an appreciation for the sport.

You do it for self-satisfaction. You do it because you want to brag that you do it. And you want to brag at how great your team is... and how awesome it would be if your team won the Super Bowl every year.

You are what is wrong with sports. You are the type of person/parent that drives people out of volunteering for coaching.

No one is going to stop you from watching the game. But you are not a fan of football or the Washington Redskins. You've got a different agenda.

Your a complete moron and an idiot, and actually not really even worth responding to on this board, however I wish I could in person

Damn, that was harsh. :laugh:

Anyway, back to the topic --

fan (n.) - An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.

[short for fanatic.]

fa·nat·ic (n.) - A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

fa·nat·ic (adj.) - marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea; "rabid isolationist" [syn: fanatical, overzealous, rabid] n : a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause); "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill [syn: fiend]

Just FYI. Guess we are all fans, some of us are just devoted to different "ideas." ;)

you make several funny comments. But I don't want to have this whole thread hating me again, so I'm not going to reopen the argument here. If you'd like to read it, you can find it at http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106155&highlight=Monk

No hatred here, blakman. If you love thte 'Skinz, i got love for ya, bruh. I read that thread & I'm still not convinced. Monk belongs in the Hall of Fame. The HoF is more like an Academy Award in entertainment (Grammy, Oscar, Tony, Emmy) - it's a reward for excellence not popularity or sales. It's not the Billboard Awards where you get an award for selling the most records. The analogy is that letting people in the HoF STRICTLY on stats is like giving them a Billboard Award. Monk deserves an Oscar for his EXCELLENCE as a complete player & teammate. He's one the GOAT's IMHO.

We were one 1-0 Last year too

This statement is wrong in just about everyway. I expected more from you. Because he's not a fan of Gibbs, then he doesn't appreciate football? wth..

DH cmon man, We've been 1-0 what, the last 5 years? It's hard for some of us to appreciate 1-0 starts when our years start out good and turn to crap. Some of us want to see it consistantly

Hitlerish. He doesn't agree with YOU, so again he has no appreciation. Dude I'm shocked at this behavior.

:doh:

Where's the proof of this? I'm not defending this guy as much as I am defending myself. On a few points I'm with him.. I am a Gibbs fan. But I'll never choose him over the Redskins as a whole.

Redskins are more important to me than Gibbs.

A fan pulls for his team if he supports their moves or doesn't support him. I don't support this move, but I still pull for my team. A fan doesn't pull AGAINST his team as the Ravens fans that were said to cheer when Boiller got hurt (that's just wrong).

Saying anyone that criticizes the organization or it's moves isn't a fan of the team is as misguided as saying someone who doesn't follow totally with every little tidbit coming out of the White House, Congress or the Military isn't patriotic.

A fan is a person who ultimately roots for his favorite team. He or she has the right to agree or disagree with moves that are made regarding his or her favorite team, that is just the nature of fandom as a result of our passion we have for our teams.

It's very simple. A fan is a person who gets out of bed every Sunday and can't wait to see the Redskins take the field. A fan is that little kid inside of us who never grew up, and just wanted to watch the game and root for his team, regardless of the outcome, regardless of everything going on the rest of the week, it's all about a burgundy and gold Sunday. That's it.

Archived