Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Brunell backers want to bet??

Samuels

What do I care with stats as long as the Skins post a W?

Do you think Niners fans are unhappy because they only had the ball for 20 minutes and still got the W over the Rams? Or because they were outgained 2 to 1?

In the end, all we, as fans, should really care about is the W.

I totally agree with you, us fans in general, Im not talking for every single fan ok so people dont get all butt-hurt should focus on the win than about the QB situation. We dont work for the Redskins and the only decision thats gonna matter is what Gibbs says and no one can change it. So people complaining about it on here is not going to do the team or any of the fans any good. Gibbs has the say and thats the way its going to be period! What we need to do is support his decision and ralley behind Mark Brunell. Us complaining about him isnt going to help the team win. They need some positive attitude. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and Im all for it, but we cant or I should say shouldnt be insulting the coach. He is the pro coach and we are not. Hes the one with the superbowl rings and we are not once again. In my opinion I think Mark should be the starter only until Ramsy gets back from injury because Ramsy didnt even play enough to lose his job and from what I seen he played well. He did have a few penalties, but thats the whole teams fault and they need to get over that together. Also got a TD takin back because of a Chris Cooley offensive pass interference! He posted descent numbers for the time he played. If not they should go with Jason Campbell like Terry Bradhaw says..[Read post I put yesterday under the stadium/Redskin Breaking News, starting with Terry Bradshaw: posted by Kingleo] Anyways..what I really want to say is, we should all get along and put our faith into Joe Gibbs and his decision and the Washington Redskins Organization! Lets stick together and get ready for the whoopin' of the Dallas Cowboys next monday night..( I hope)!

And i'll be cheering for my Skins harder then ever on MNF. I just know football played it all my life and i'm heavily involved in it now and this is a terrible decision in my opnionion. It makes coach look bad and makes him look like a coward anyway you wanna spin it.

You see how everybody on this board is going back and forth imagine what the players are doing at Redskin park?

Its sad Gibbs hit the panic button so quick and don't believe in anything he preaches. If JG had any reservations about PR he shoulda never invested so much offseason time and should have made the decision earlier.

No wonder you're a Ramsey fan. Let me guess, you were a Spurrier proponent too?

You're SUPPOSED to get rid of the ball and get positive yardage if you're getting blitzed!! You would prefer him take a beating and risk fumbles and interceptions instead of dumping it off to Portis/Betts/Patten/Thrash/Cooley who can possibly get a few yards?

If you keep moving forward, you have a better shot at scoring.

In order to "keep moving forward" you have to make a play and actually throw it PAST the first down marker, instead of tossing a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 7 which is Mark's claim to fame while he's been with the skins.....assuming the ball gets anywhere near the reciever and isn't fumbled for a touchdown the other way.

No wonder you're a Ramsey fan. Let me guess, you were a Spurrier proponent too?

You're SUPPOSED to get rid of the ball and get positive yardage if you're getting blitzed!! You would prefer him take a beating and risk fumbles and interceptions instead of dumping it off to Portis/Betts/Patten/Thrash/Cooley who can possibly get a few yards?

If you keep moving forward, you have a better shot at scoring.

If you want bigplays at some point you gotta take a hit to deliver downfield or let you wr come open. You don't check down almost every single time you see the blitz coming, you gotta burn'em, not throw 2 yard ins and outs.

I just see Brunell doing the same thing over and over he won't even let'em get close its like he has a hot potato.

Any of the ball washers wanna bet on Brunells performance this year or even monday night?

Will he throw for 200 yards all year?

Will he throw for more then 100 yards more often then not?

Can he lead us to victory?

Lets make a friendly wager it don't even have to be cash.

I'm sorry but we've seen this all before just like yesterdays game. Brunnel had the whole game but 3 series and could'nt get 100 yards. Its laughable rewatching the game its the same guy. Watch him throw the screen he about does a 360 to get mustard on it. Go watch the drive before the last drive its typical Brunell. And please nobody should be comparing Ramsey againest Brunell from the preseason againest scrubs were he had all day to deliever. You will get a good comparison next Monday night and i'll bet they'll be some irate fans then. My hope Brunell plays like the terd he is before injuring his throwing hand while were down big, then PR comes in saves the day and everybodys on his jock.

My problem is Brunell is afraid to get hit and will check it down almost immediately everytime he's blitzed. We will never get bigplays downfield like that. But then again JAGS fans had already been saying those same things before he was out has thier starter. Almost all of them said his arm was gone and that he'd taken to many shots. Why was Leftwich drafted?

Go watch last years tapes or even yesterdays game its so obvious the guy about lays down after delievering the ball. Last year the line sucked so he did his backpeddle throw it if off your back foot routine.

I'm not sure if Pat is the answer but with a score starting at 0-0 he gives us the best chance to win.

If any of you think we are gonna beat the Cowboys,Giants or Eagles with our offense forget about it. I'm not even sure why we signed Patton or even added Moss I guess they'll be running the 5yard hooks and outs.

And i'm willing to bet my life Gibbs protects Brunell with his playcalling its like a night and day difference when Ramsey is in thier.

Welcome your 04-05 Redskins maybe we can win 7 this year.. I just hope after this blows up in Gibbs face he is man enough to hand over the keys to G.Williams before somebody steals him away.

You are NOT a REDSKIN fan!!!! No fan bets AGAINST his team's players having a decent performance. You are a loser, and should take this disgusting crap to

I-HATE-REDSKINS.com

That is appropriate for you, and represents your attitiude toward the team.

People, by placing bets that you think one of our guys fails means that you hope he fails which means you hope the team fails. Great job! :applause: :doh:

By supporting Brunell does not mean you blindly follow the coach, agree with the decision or like Brunell. It means you believe we can win by any means. If you don't believe this team can win Monday night why even waste your time watching the game?

Nice. I love seeing "fans" betting on poor performance by the Skins. I bet you're loaded up on Cowboys players on your fantasy team this week too.
Not a single cowboy will ever find a home on my fantasy team. Not one! The only players I have from either the skins of the boys is Cooley....and that's only because some punk took the skins D a pick before I was going to grab them. :)

Drama, I'm betting because i'm 99% sure i'm right. Do I want MB to fail?? No read the whole thread before you start bashing people for thier opionion.

I think we'll lose Monday does that make me not a fan??

If anything i'm a realist who's life is clouded with pigskin.

What has Ramsey shown to make you feel so strongly that the world is ending because he's not playing? Ramsey hasn't done a dam thing his entire career. At least Brunell has accomplished somethings. You can't say the same for Ramsey.

How dare you make sense on this messageboard. Didn't you read the rules?

Amanedment to rule 4a-12) During a QB controvery thou shall not make any logical sense whatsoever.

Might want to be more careful next time you want to actually provide logic to the discussion. You are on thin ice, my friend.

:cool:

Ramsey just looked 100 times better with the same cast againest #1 defenses last year. Brunell has'nt done jack againest #1 defenes except 1 game againest Dallas last year.

Is Ramsey the answer who knows now??

I just know if we are to become anything resembling a playoff team this year it was with PR putting some points up. Ramsey has 24 starts thats not alot and people want him to be mistake free it seems. If Ramsey woulda lost us a game maybe I could understand but he has'nt.

How dare you make sense on this messageboard. Didn't you read the rules?

Amanedment to rule 4a-12) During a QB controvery thou shall not make any logical sense whatsoever.

Might want to be more careful next time you want to actually provide logic to the discussion. You are on thin ice, my friend.

:cool:

Things must have been pretty bad around here after the game :laugh:

Not a single cowboy will ever find a home on my fantasy team. Not one! The only players I have from either the skins of the boys is Cooley....and that's only because some punk took the skins D a pick before I was going to grab them. :)

haha...maybe i'm in your fantasy league. our d helped put me on top this past week. i'm keeping them on all season. gotta love gregg williams.

Somebody step up and put your name out thier for the bumb.

I just want 1 person to tell me he will average 150 yards passing or lead us somewhere. I'd almost bet he'll have more games under 100 yards throwing then over.

I also know for a fact that fans are gonna turn on Brunell very quickly after seeing him play consistently bad.

When has the guy ever done anything in a skins uni againest #1 defenses beside the cowboy game last year???

I'll take that wager. $300 says he averages over 150 yards. I personally think that the OL is so improved that he will average 250 yards. We will have an offense that averages 325-350 yards per game.

Ramsey just looked 100 times better with the same cast againest #1 defenses last year. Brunell has'nt done jack againest #1 defenes except 1 game againest Dallas last year.

Is Ramsey the answer who knows now??

I just know if we are to become anything resembling a playoff team this year it was with PR putting some points up. Ramsey has 24 starts thats not alot and people want him to be mistake free it seems. If Ramsey woulda lost us a game maybe I could understand but he has'nt.

I think it's become as clear as it's going to that Ramsey in NOT the answer. For every highlight play Ramsey has because of his arm strength, he'll make bonehead plays. Ramsey really can make spectacular plays, but he always makes spectacular mistakes as well.

I like Ramsey like everyone else, he's a good dude and everything... But there's got to be a point were you realize that he's not cut out to be a NFL started.

Brunell didn't rack up all these passing yards, becuase he didn't have to for us to win. All we had to do to win that game was not make any mistakes. Which you can't feel confident in Ramsey doing...

What has Ramsey shown to make you feel so strongly that the world is ending because he's not playing? Ramsey hasn't done a dam thing his entire career. At least Brunell has accomplished somethings. You can't say the same for Ramsey.

Dude, you dont make any sense of course Mark Brunell accomplished some things in his career. Hes been in the league for like 13 years its a good thing that hes done some things if he didnt do some things in 13 years then he has a problem. What do you expect of Ramsy hes only been in the league 4 years..he still has time to do some things. Hes not no Payton Manning even then Payton threw for 26 td and 28 int his first year, by year 4 he threw for 26 td and 23 int..anyways thats not the point. The point is you cannot compare the 2 QBs thats all. Im talking about Ramsy and Brunell!

Dude, you dont make any sense of course Mark Brunell accomplished some things in his career. Hes been in the league for like 13 years its a good thing that hes done some things if he didnt do some things in 13 years then he has a problem. What do you expect of Ramsy hes only been in the league 4 years..he still has time to do some things. Hes not no Payton Manning even then Payton threw for 26 td and 28 int his first year, by year 4 he threw for 26 td and 23 int..anyways thats not the point. The point is you cannot compare the 2 QBs thats all. Im talking about Ramsy and Brunell!

Ramsey hasn't shown anything other than he's got a arm. He hasn't shown leadership, he hasn't shown good pocket presence, and he hasn't shown that he can play mistake free.

Ramsey STILL looks like a rookie. Has he progress at all? He looks the same he always has.

I just don't understand how anyone could be that confident in Ramsey. He makes me nervious as hell every game, cause you never know what will happen when Ramsey is in there... At least Brunell will throw it in the dam stands before he throws some boneheaded INT.

We have a solid team. All we need to win is a QB that doesn't do stupid sh!t.

Archived