Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 06

WVSkins79

Just rented Madden 06, and here are things I've noticed right away that bug me:

1. They AGAIN still have us wearing solid maroon jerseys at home, while they again correctly have the Cowboys wearing white at home.

2. Mike Sellers is the only FB on the game. No Broughton or Manuel White.

3. No Antonio Brown.

I'm sure there is more crap I will come across, but this stuff really bugs me. It seems like they don't give a crap about the Skins. Oh well, at least I didn't buy it.

The biggest bug that I have noticed and can't stand in Madden is when you audible. When I audible to another play, I am unable to snap the ball for about 6 seconds afterwards. It's ridiculous. I can't begin to tell you how many "delay of games" that I have recieved because of this.

The biggest bug that I have noticed and can't stand in Madden is when you audible. When I audible to another play, I am unable to snap the ball for about 6 seconds afterwards. It's ridiculous. I can't begin to tell you how many "delay of games" that I have recieved because of this.

U just have to audible sooner, pick ur play and get set quick, the reason you cant snap for a few seconds is your recievers are getting set. Its realistic speed, like gibbs you have to speed up a lil :dallasuck

I agree with all of you guys, but I have some other points.

On last year's game, they had shotgun in the playbook, and we never ran that. This year, we run the shotgun, and there is no shotgun in the playbook. I think that sucks.

It is so hard to throw the deep ball. I mean, every time I drop back and launch it up, the defender knocks it away, no matter where he is.

Otherwise, good game. I am currently 11-0 and #1 on offense and defense. I played the Chargers last game, and Ramsey had over 400 yards and 5 TDs.

Want to know what else is worthless in Madden? Hot route. Every time you change a receiver's pattern, the computer is all over them, usually a double team. It's the same old pyschic computer that's in every EA game. I have MVP Baseball 05. The other day in a game I attempted to steal 2 bases with a fast player. The entire game the computer did 2 quick pitchouts. I think you can guess the exact time they did them, easily throwing them out.

Want to know what else is worthless in Madden? Hot route. Every time you change a receiver's pattern, the computer is all over them, usually a double team. It's the same old pyschic computer that's in every EA game. I have MVP Baseball 05. The other day in a game I attempted to steal 2 bases with a fast player. The entire game the computer did 2 quick pitchouts. I think you can guess the exact time they did them, easily throwing them out.
I don't even bother playing the computer. It is not realistic at all. Their defenders become super fast at times. Their rb's use juke moves that I have never seen before and definately have never been able to use before. It just gets a little too frustrating watching the cpu make impossible plays in impossible situations.

Off topic, but here's a trick if you're playing superstar mode:

go to the day of the game, then go to the performance institute, do whatever drill you want...add your points....then just look at your schedule, don't play the game...go back to the institute and you can do the drill again...repeat as many times as you want..

this game is so glitchy and buggy its rediculous...

the game is almost completely flawed. i was playing dallas at fedex and the eagle helmet was at midfield!!!! i was like WTF?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LMAO thats by far the funniest quote ive read haha,

yeah i was playing redskins vs redskin, and there was a ravens helmet at mid field, punting coverage sucks alot, but the skins have an awesome kick return team, just put santana back there, i always do that before a game its off the hook

I have problems, when it comes to trying to sign a restricted free agent...Every time I go and try to sign one from another team, it says that if I proceed I won't be able to make any offers to the players on my team. So I click ok and it goes back to the original screen....No matter what I try I can't sign another teams restricted free agent....can anyone help me out with this one?

I cant believe the skins' are rated 69 or watever on offense. Seriously are we that bad!!! We have a great line, a great rb, good receivers, and a not so great qb but still...

the passing seemed really bad 2. everytime i go back with ramsey it is tipped or intercepted. the worst is wen ur qb will do awesome in one game than in the next he will absolutely suck

I don't even bother trying to return punts. I think one time I was able to run a guy back to block and he actually blocked when Moss caught the punt. Now kickoffs are another story--in my first game I ran one back 99 yards.

I did a One Game Played Review at my Redskins Review page, and now that I have played almost 15 games, I think I'll amend my "meh" review. I kinda like it, even if the Passing Cone business increases my interception percentage tenfold. I really hate missing my open fullback in the flat because my cone isn't perfectly his direction.

But Clinton Portis, on any of the counter plays, is hot money. Just watch to see which side the defense is cheating to. I'm averaging almost 200 yards rushing on All Pro.

Some tips that helped me...

Set up punt return middle as an audible and choose block punt every time then audible to return right before the snap. Its gives you room for the possiblitiy to return a punt which as you know by now doesn't really exist otherwise....

On KR use antonio brown and return middle. He's so damn fast the avg is the 30+

If you can't Moss or Patten open downfield you have issues.

Take Moss of KR and PR duties because it def. effects his offensive performance. (us Antonio brown)

When in doubt drag Cooley. His hands are gold and use the precision passing to lead receivers.

Maybe if you can't connect downfield you are not throwing over the defender using precision passing? Moss is always open on less than top notch CBs.

Look off the safety with the right stick.

Good luck.

Archived