Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Sign Lamar Gordon

Ricky Ervins

Eagles Claim Gordon --

Sun Sep 4, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Sun-Sentinel reports former Dolphins RB Lamar Gordon was claimed off waivers Sunday by Philadelphia, a source said. Gordon was waived Saturday after an unimpressive preseason with the Dolphins. The Dolphins traded a 2005 third-round draft choice to St. Louis for Gordon last season in hopes he could become a stopgap replacement for retired RB Ricky Williams. Gordon, though, lasted just seven quarters before landing on injured reserve with a dislocated shoulder. The Eagles were seeking help at tailback after RB Correll Buckhalter suffered a season-ending knee injury during the preseason.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

Seriously, Lamar Gordon is far from solid. He gives the Eagles a body but that's about it. After Westbrook there is absolutely nothing for a long time. Buckhalter going down yet again really hurt them.

I would be surprised to see Levens back in there around week 6.

Also, can somebody tell me how the Dolphins keep getting away with one crackheaded move after another with their personel accumen not so much as questioned. What a fricking joke, they gave up a second rounder for Feeley (which was really like a low first) and a 3rd for Gordon.

Gordon is no longer on the team and Feeley has slipped all the way to 3rd on the depth chart.

Their offensive line is a joke and their defense is devoid of any young talent.

The Dolphins are going to hurt for a long time and I don't think it's going to be too long before we see Nick Saban back in the college ranks.

Archived