Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How Many Superbowls for Gibbs to be "Greatest Ever?"

d0ublestr0ker0ll

to come back after a 12 absence and rebuild a new SB winner from scratch, would prove without a doubt it was because of his coaching abilities... instead of riding some great players coattails.... the main reason Chuck Knolls name is never mentioned in the "greatest ever" debates

if he won 2 he would eliminate any challenger..... and we'd be in hog heaven :halo:

Gibbs is already reconized as one of the greatest of all time. And yes if he wins one more they better consider him as the greatest there ever was.

But I have one major question..? Why has the media always overlooked him and the Skins. They have Pacells rated as a better coach then Gibbs. Can anyone explain why? Everyone talks about how the 49rs were the best in the 80's. They were good. No doubt about it. But so were the Redskins. If you compare total records they were neck n neck. They both went to 4 SB. The 49rs won 4 and the Skins won 3. But the media always downplays the Redskins and Gibbs. Why..? Today on NFL Play Book Sterling Sharpe was saying how Gibbs is on the "Hot Seat" and will retire after this year if they have a lossing season and that the only reason he would not get fired is because of what he has done in the past for the Redskins. What kind of CRAP is that..? SCREW YOU SHARP. You don't even deserve to kiss the ground Gibbs walks on. He is in the HOF and you will never be there. People only know of you becuase of your brother. :soapbox:

Now that I got that out.... Get us one more Super Bowl Ring Gibbs!!! You Can Do It!!! :notworthy

Gibbs is already reconized as one of the greatest of all time. And yes if he wins one more they better consider him as the greatest there ever was.

But I have one major question..? Why has the media always overlooked him and the Skins. They have Pacells rated as a better coach then Gibbs. Can anyone explain why? Everyone talks about how the 49rs were the best in the 80's. They were good. No doubt about it. But so were the Redskins. If you compare total records they were neck n neck. They both went to 4 SB. The 49rs won 4 and the Skins won 3. But the media always downplays the Redskins and Gibbs. Why..? Today on NFL Play Book Sterling Sharpe was saying how Gibbs is on the "Hot Seat" and will retire after this year if they have a lossing season and that the only reason he would not get fired is because of what he has done in the past for the Redskins. What kind of CRAP is that..? SCREW YOU SHARP. You don't even deserve to kiss the ground Gibbs walks on. He is in the HOF and you will never be there. People only know of you becuase of your brother. :soapbox:

Now that I got that out.... Get us one more Super Bowl Ring Gibbs!!! You Can Do It!!! :notworthy

I totally agree except for the Sharpe thing. Sterling Sharpe was the best receiver in the league other than Rice when he got injured and retired. He would be in the HOF if not for that.

But yeah, Gibbs did better with the Redskins than Walsh did with the 49ers overall. Just look at their records and also consider the fact that Gibbs coached a winning team in a division where his team wasn't the only team who won more than 6-8 games a season. Did anyone ever see the Rams, Falcons, or Saints do anything in the playoffs in the 80's?

And then look at Walsh's and Gibbs' W-L again and think about it. Giants, Eagles and Cowboys were all competitors for most of the 80's. Those 2 or 3 seasons where the Redskins went 10-6 and missed the playoffs wouldn't have happened if we played in any other division in the league either and we could be possibly talking about 4-5 rings.

He will never be known as the best coach ever. I think Lombardi will have that title always. I do think he would get serious consideration if he were to win one this season. With all the criticism going around about his return, and resurrecting last years 6-10 season with a SB win would get him mentioned with Lombardi. They would say things like "He did it with four different QB's and in two different eras."

I honestly believe that even if he wins 1 more, he will not be considered the best ever. To be considered the 'best ever' is he will need to win 2 more. 1 more with Ramsey at the helm, and another with someone else at QB.

IMHO, he already has a very serious claim to the title of best ever.... I mean, c'mon! Three world titles with 3 different QB/RB combinations..... That's no small feat. Has any other coach done that? Did Laundry?

Archived