Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking in a new hat

RedskinsFan72

Just got a new hat that has the white mesh on the inside of the front 2 panels to give it form. However its way too stiff. Im looking for a relatively quick way of breaking it in (as in not waiting a year or 2 by just wearing it)

Ive run it thru the washer a few times but its still pretty stiff. Ive tried wetting it and wearing it as well..though I think that method is more for wool caps. Ive heard running it thru a dishwasher, but I dont have one.

This one is 100% acrylic and I have another one thats 100% cotton with the same issue. (Im alergic to wool, otherwise this would probably be easier)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Just got a new hat that has the white mesh on the inside of the front 2 panels to give it form. However its way too stiff. Im looking for a relatively quick way of breaking it in (as in not waiting a year or 2 by just wearing it)

Ive run it thru the washer a few times but its still pretty stiff. Ive tried wetting it and wearing it as well..though I think that method is more for wool caps. Ive heard running it thru a dishwasher, but I dont have one.

This one is 100% acrylic and I have another one thats 100% cotton with the same issue. (Im alergic to wool, otherwise this would probably be easier)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

See if you can pull the mesh part away from the fabric part of the hat. Then take a pocket knife and make a small tear in the mesh part. Careful, if you go too far you'll go through the front of the hat.

Then just work the knife around and cut the mesh part out of the crown. Did this all the time in jr high and high school, worked pretty well.

See if you can pull the mesh part away from the fabric part of the hat. Then take a pocket knife and make a small tear in the mesh part. Careful, if you go too far you'll go through the front of the hat.

Then just work the knife around and cut the mesh part out of the crown. Did this all the time in jr high and high school, worked pretty well.

What he said.

It's a pain in the ass, but it works.

Yep, this brings me back to the 8th grade...never failed me!

Archived