Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Correl Buckhalter Out For the Season

Midswat22

As much as I hate to admit it the Eagles should be fine at RB. They have Westbrook, Mahe, and rookie Ryan Moats.

They anticipated the injuries at RB well in drafting Moats.

Now the situation at WR is another story. With the concerns with TO and lack of depth, I would have drafted more than one WR, but that is just me.

Where's Autry when you need him?

More like where is Dorsey Levens?

They may be fine, but they don't have a whole lot of experience behind Westbrook. Reno Mahe is still a bit of an unknown, but should know enough to be able to fill in a bit. Moats has potential, but it always takes a while for a back to pick up blocking schemes, and he's a little guy like Westbrook.

Basically, Mahe needs to step up, or Levens (or another veteran) needs to be brought in.

Jason

Westbrook staying healthy is the key to the Iggles getting back to the playoffs now. Mahe is nothing special, and Moats is a rook who hasn't proven anything yet. Yeah, Reid passed about 60% of the time last season, but how many of those passes were screens and dump-offs to Westbrook? None of their other RBs can do what Westbrook can in the open field (or even when he's surrounded, for that matter). If he can stay healthy, then this won't be that big of a deal.

As much as I hate to admit it the Eagles should be fine at RB. They have Westbrook, Mahe, and rookie Ryan Moats.

They anticipated the injuries at RB well in drafting Moats.

Now the situation at WR is another story. With the concerns with TO and lack of depth, I would have drafted more than one WR, but that is just me.

Westbrook and their Westbrook clones are not RBs

they are WRs who can run behind an offensive line

NE exposed them in the SB, they needed Buck for when their pass-first offense had to grind out some yards between the tackles

bad news for the Eagles

Archived