Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Demarcus Ware is a Monster! Is he Parcells next LT?

318 SKIN

woah! that guy is a monster, no doubt. i mean, if he did that in one quarter of play, and it was a preseason game, he can't be stopped. he is most definitely the next l.t., no doubt a future hof-er, and possibly the best player ever to suit up at linebacker. i mean, is there anything he can't do.

I think that people who have watched football for a long time are wowed by the "potential" and raw athletecism that he showed.

• 1 year later...
Congrats - this might be the dumbest post I've seen this season.

Ware has a similar skill set to - not 1, not 2, but 3 players on our team: M Washington, Lavar Arrington, and Chris Clemons. And you want to bring in a 4th guy to that position? Sheesh. Now he's most likely a better pass rusher than any of these guys but I'm not exactly sure the guy would have even started this season or anytime in the future. The only way to justify drafting him is to play him at end and it's no lock he'd be most effective there. In fact, I doubt he would. At 247, he's not big enough to take tackles head on and will need to rush the passer "by surprise." He's in the position he should be - as a 3-4 OLB. Unless you were somehow planning to completely revamp the defense to a 3-4 so Ware can be most effective, there was really no reason to take the guy. Why mess with a good thing?

I got completely blasted for this post - maybe it's time to revisit just to prove a point. For the record - Ware taken #11 (Rodgers #9) and Webster #11 2nd round, 43rd overall (traded later round picks to move up 2 spots to draft JC). Ware is becoming the beast and Webster a solid starter for the 1st place Giants. Using our 4th round pick we also gave up we could have taken WR Sammy Parker 9th pick in the 4th round. In retrospect I don't think it was the dumbest post ever. I think it also illustrates how a franchise harms itselve long term by giving away picks to get

aging vets.

I got completely blasted for this post - maybe it's time to revisit just to prove a point. For the record - Ware taken #11 (Rodgers #9) and Webster #11 2nd round, 43rd overall (traded later round picks to move up 2 spots to draft JC). Ware is becoming the beast and Webster a solid starter for the 1st place Giants. Using our 4th round pick we also gave up we could have taken WR Sammy Parker 9th pick in the 4th round. In retrospect I don't think it was the dumbest post ever. I think it also illustrates how a franchise harms itselve long term by giving away picks to get

aging vets.

Moreso than the Ware discussion... that's the absolute truth. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for GOOD DRAFTING and having draft picks.

It just doesn't pay off in the end to trade off so many of your draft picks to pick up free agents.

Archived