Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort on the Skins...

MikeB

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2002/0718/1407421.html

The third question reads...

Q: I think the Washington Redskins have a good chance of being good this year, and I think that coach Steve Spurrier knows the limitations of his team, don't you? -- Raymond Parker, Capitol Heights, Md.

MORT -- Raymond, I believe the Redskins have a shot to be a playoff contender, but I'm not sure Spurrier thinks they have any limitations. That's one thing I really like about Steve, and I think players will like -- the man has a great deal of confidence in himself, his staff and his players. Already.

Hey, what more can you ask? I feel the same, we have a shot at the playoffs this year. A few lucky breaks go our way and were in. I too love the Spurrier attitude. It will take us places.

Originally posted by MikeB

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2002/0718/1407421.html

The third question reads...

Q: I think the Washington Redskins have a good chance of being good this year, and I think that coach Steve Spurrier knows the limitations of his team, don't you? -- Raymond Parker, Capitol Heights, Md.

MORT -- Raymond, I believe the Redskins have a shot to be a playoff contender, but I'm not sure Spurrier thinks they have any limitations. That's one thing I really like about Steve, and I think players will like -- the man has a great deal of confidence in himself, his staff and his players. Already.

Hey, what more can you ask? I feel the same, we have a shot at the playoffs this year. A few lucky breaks go our way and were in. I too love the Spurrier attitude. It will take us places.

I like it...

M.C.A. was with it and he's my ace

So I grabbed the piano player and I punched him in the face

The piano player's out - the music stopped

His boy had beef - and he got dropped

Mike D. grabbed the money - M.C.A. snatched the gold

I grabbed two girlies and a beer that's cold.

No kidding. I was about ready to start up a fund for any reporter who would actually say 1 nice thing about the Redskins. :D Good thing Extreme has archives, good to have has proof in case ol Mort reverses himself. Wait! That never happens. :rolleyes:

SOS knows how to play the media game. I would wager ol' Steve sidled up to Mort at one point and laid a good heapin' helpin' of southern charm on him.

He probably has effectively made Mort his lap dog, so I would be surprised if he writes or says anything too critical of him. If Mort does criticize the team (legitimately or not), it probably won't be SOS directly.

Yeah, Mort's been sitting on the fence for a while now, so give him the credit he's due.

I think he knows a little something more than guys like Merrill "How about that Rug!" Hoge and other Spurrier haters, and thus he's wary of saying anything too dumb about SS.

I still hate the way he delights in every opportunity to skewer Snyder. I mean, there's a hard cap in the NFL. How can Dan buy a trophy? It's not like he's Steinbrenner, who by contrast is treated like a loveable ol' coot rather than a felonious oligarch who'd buy a trophy wife as quick as the MLB trophy. But Snyder? Hell, he's just evil, man, evil.

:rolleyes:

Iv'e seen some very positive reports on ESPN re: the skins. They seem impressed with our linebackers and are starting to get on board with our offense. Seems the excitement is contagious.

Arrington won the online pole for the most likely breakout season as well.

Looks like a fine year for football.

:pint:

Archived