Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prisco still a fan of Bailey

FARAPS

hmmm sounds alot like my post earlier.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109509&pagenumber=3 :D

The only thing in the article that is BS is when he says that Bailey is by far the elite corner in the league. That is a stretch.

Don't really see why this bothered you so much, though. You obviously think Champ is over-rated. Prisco is just trying to prove you and other doubters wrong.

You really shouldn't care about what this guy thinks about a Bronco... and if you hate Prisco so much you shouldn't advertise his work.

*edit: Actually I think my post is better and more to the point. If only I could be paid to go to Denver's training camp and throw in a couple quotes. These sportswriters got it too easy. :)

In Champ's last year with the Skins, he wasn't even the best corner on our team! I think the Redskins have the same magic Denver has with running backs, but with corners. Losing Champ might have seemed bad if we hadn't replaced him with Springs. Truth is, we were better without Champ than with him and I suspect the same is going to hold true for Smoot (as much as I love the guy).

Give it another couple years and even the diehard Roland sniffers will come off their mountaintops. A few started to realize last year how badly overrated he was. The rest (Prisco, Pompei, et al) will either take some time or just never own up to it.

Originally posted by trimee

I just REALLY hate how Champ was 'over rated' when he was here...now it's only an off season!

And not just Champ

There was something posted by Bubba here a couple days about the Redskins team outlook for the 2005 season, and they talked about how the Redskins would be hurt by the loss of "shut down CB" Fred Smoot

When was he ever called that here? :rolleyes: :doh:

TC, I was saying the same thing myself when Smoot signed with the Vikes. People thought we'd collapse when Roland left and we had to rely on Springs and Smoot, because Smoot wasn't regarded anywhere near Roland.

We didn't.

Now people are saying we're finished because Smoot is gone. These are the same people who said, in January of '04, that Smoot was a perennial #2. I mean... come on. The hypocrisy is amazing.

Archived