Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ricky Ervins

Bazooka Tooth

I don't know either? :whoknows:

Ricky had a good year in 1991 back up Byner and a lot of people thought he was going to be the Skins RB of the future but he really got there. Don't know exactly what happened, he wasn't awful with the Skins but also not a guy you would for out Big $$$$ for a throwback jersey either.

REDS94W32_W.jpg

REDS94D32_W.jpg

well, think about what else we had to choose from that season.

wait a minute. After checking they could've made Henry Ellard, Lachey, Darrell Green or Ken Harvey. Back in 1994 he got the most carries as our RB and QBs and RBs were all the rage back then for jerseys. I wish they'd make one of the above though. Actually an Ellard Jersey would be cool to have. He did have 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons for us. That hasn't been done by any of our other WRs in about 15 years.

Originally posted by SlinginSammy HOF '63

well, think about what else we had to choose from that season.

wait a minute. After checking they could've made Henry Ellard, Lachey, Darrell Green or Ken Harvey. Back in 1994 he got the most carries as our RB and QBs and RBs were all the rage back then for jerseys. I wish they'd make one of the above though. Actually an Ellard Jersey would be cool to have. He did have 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons for us. That hasn't been done by any of our other WRs in about 15 years.

Yep 1994 was not a banner year 3-13 (0-8 @ home and 0-8 vs. the NFC East) but also those players mention above would be nice on a Redskins NFL 75th Anniversary Throwback Jersey.

Also Brian Mitchell #30 would be a cool throwback, he is the NFL's all-time all-purpose yardage leader.

i think they just make em for fans who are hardcore fans and would like an obscure player like ervins. not that you guys aren't hardcore fans...but it's like if i showed up with a chris hoiles orioles jersey or something. just shows you know a lot about the teams history and the fan favorites we've had.

Originally posted by newarkredskinsfan

the super bowl was the only big game i remember him having. Oh thats right he had a TD in the flag game against the eagles.

He isn't the only Redskin that can say the Super Bowl was the only big game he had. :D

TimSmithBroncos.jpg

I would love to get a Clark throwback or even a Wilber Marshall or Dexter Manley. I could care less what anyone says about Dexter, I loved him as a kid, we still have never had anyone like him since. I liked Ervins but I have often not understood why they make his jersey instead of some of the other Redskin greats.

Originally posted by fuji869

Ricky had a good year in 1991 back up Byner and a lot of people thought he was going to be the Skins RB of the future but he really got there. Don't know exactly what happened, he wasn't awful with the Skins but also not a guy you would for out Big $$$$ for a throwback jersey either.

REDS94W32_W.jpg

REDS94D32_W.jpg

Those are sum nice jerseys, If the skins change their unis, they should go with a more up to date version of those uni's.

I received one for free from my brother in law. I like things that are a little different. When I hit it big I probably will go against the grain and look for throwbacks you don't see often, like Monte Coleman or Alvin Walton. Anyone seen any obscure Skin jerseys that make recent fans say WHO?

Originally posted by Clark84

I would love to get a Clark throwback or even a Wilber Marshall or Dexter Manley. I could care less what anyone says about Dexter, I loved him as a kid, we still have never had anyone like him since. I liked Ervins but I have often not understood why they make his jersey instead of some of the other Redskin greats.

Eventually, I'm going to break down and get a personalized authentic Manley jersey via NFL.com........whenever I can save the money for it that is.

People are selling those jerseys all over eBay.

Yep 1994 was not a banner year 3-13 (0-8 @ home and 0-8 vs. the NFC East) but also those players mention above would be nice on a Redskins NFL 75th Anniversary Throwback Jersey.

Also Brian Mitchell #30 would be a cool throwback, he is the NFL's all-time all-purpose yardage leader.

I loved MItchell, but hated how he trashed the organization because he was pissed at Snyder for not giving him the money he wanted. What did he run back one kick-off for a TD after he left? He was always so bitter and never hesitated to throw anyone's name in the mudd because we didn;t want to pay a 35 year-old rookie money. I lost what respect I did have for him, and he sucks even worse as an anouncer. he needs to publicy apologize and thank Danny for alowing him to sign a one day contract to retire as a skin, since we did give him every opportunity to make a career for himself.

Archived