Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike, Mike, and Schlereth... (TO)

Chachie

... on ESPN Radio this morning were basically saying that all 3 of them predict that the Philadelphia Eagles will not be able to recover from this Terrell Owens situation and will NOT win the NFC East this season.

This sounds like a pretty bold statement, especially from all 3 guys at once. What do you guys think?

(Also- Schlereth told a story about when Dexter Manley tested positive for drugs. Gibbs came into the locker room and addressed the team. Joe said, paraphrased- "I have made concessions in the past for Dexter because he was a great player. I'll NEVER do it again. It's not worth it to the team or fair to my other players. I am sorry.")

whatever, they'll win the east this season.

Who else will?

Dallas? their record was bad like ours...and they have totally retooled with a new defense and QB.

The Giants? Is Eli ready to win that many games?

The Skins? Yeah..... for me, 8-8 would be progress.

Philly will win by default.

Originally posted by redman

Interesting story on Gibbs and Manley. I hadn't heard that one before.

Yeah, I wish I had more on that. I know I'm only giving you hearsay but that WAS the story he told. He talked about how much respect he has for Gibbs and that story was kind of a defining moment for the team. It was Mark's rookie season.

But about Mike and Mike: It sounded to me like they were WAY overreacting to the TO storyline and when Schlereth agreed with them I was surprised. They all basically said that it's just too much distraction and if Owens does not play, it's over. Wow. The Gibbs story seemed to say that Gibbs could choose "team" over "player" and succeed but Reid can not. WTF?

It's going to be interesting who there starting WR's are going to be at the beginning of the season. I was thinking that Kevin Dysan if he didn't make the team would be picked up by the Iggles. However, I'm hoping he does make the team because he provides good veteran leadership.

I agree with Mr. Washington on this issue. They can win without TO, however, they are now vulnerable to injuries if anyone else goes down. They also need WB and McNabb to stay healthy.

I see the TO situation as a long term issue. The Eagles are starting to show some cracks in their armor.

Originally posted by Chachie

But about Mike and Mike: It sounded to me like they were WAY overreacting to the TO storyline and when Schlereth agreed with them I was surprised. They all basically said that it's just too much distraction and if Owens does not play, it's over. Wow. The Gibbs story seemed to say that Gibbs could choose "team" over "player" and succeed but Reid can not. WTF?

In fairness to Reid and the Eagles, TO in 2005 is a lot more important to the offense than Manley circa 1989 was to his defense.

Think about this: if the Eagles play without TO, they'll be without all of their top 3 WR's from last year. And I think their top 2 WR's would be guys who combined for something like 30 catches, 400 yards and 0 TD's in their career. That's a major problem.

Originally posted by forbeskin

I think without TO and Pinkston, they remaining where they are at.

I agree. Reid also doesn't like to play rookie WRs too much because the offense is so complicated. So that leaves Reggie Brown as not really an option.

Originally posted by redman

In fairness to Reid and the Eagles, TO in 2005 is a lot more important to the offense than Manley circa 1989 was to his defense.

Think about this: if the Eagles play without TO, they'll be without all of their top 3 WR's from last year. And I think their top 2 WR's would be guys who combined for something like 30 catches, 400 yards and 0 TD's in their career. That's a major problem.

Oh absolutely, Redman. I agree BIG time. I just thought I'd include the "Redskin moment" in the post.

Archived