Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lenny P's Observations On The Skins

Hooper

who spends time scheming for a corner blitz during a pre-pre season scrimmage? :laugh:

if Deion Sanders and the Ravens need the confidence borne of pulling a trick out of the bag ahead of the season to get going so be it.

Chris Samuels put it best in noting that the team 'didn't prepare for any particular defensive packages the Ravens might use' as the staff was looking to evaluate other things in this scrimmage.

I took this to mean the staff is confident the offensive line will perform and that other areas are getting the most attention.

the Redskins once lost a preseason game 45-7 to the Patriots in which they gave up a ungodly amount of sacks.

team still went 10-4 during the NFL season.

Originally posted by bubba9497

it's not "what he said"

but

"how he said it"

I couldn't agree with this more. It's one thing to point out the weaknesses of the team, but it's another to be down right condesending and subjective in your articles. Being a journalism student, I understand that you may have to write an article based on looking at just one practice, but to be outrightly subejctive disgusts me. And the comment about Bugel's legacy, are you effin' kidding me? Because of a SCRIMMAGE?!? Get a hold of yourself, Lenny...

Overall, what he said was correct. The way he said it pissed me off. But then again, what did you expect from the beloved fat man?

Can we get a smiley with a sign that says "Pasquarelli sucks, Go Skins!"???

One thing I am certain an opposing offense would love to see is Deion coming on a blitz.

He actually has to do something if he gets there. You think Smoot looked futile bouncing off of QBs, compared to Deion he'll seem like LT in his prime. Hardly impressive use of your personnel, if you ask me.

And, oh yeah, Lenny's a pr!ck. His extreme conclusions from valid critiques just make it clear that he has an agenda. A writer with an agenda is the very definition of a hack.

Pay Arrington or cornerback Champ Bailey big money to be the face of the team's defense. He doled out the dollars for Arrington and then, when Bailey balked at several offers, traded him. In a league that places an incredibly high premium on cornerbacks, and in which the overall significance of the linebacker position has been diminished, Snyder made the wrong call.

the cut and paste feature should be eliminated from this man's computer. i swear this is the exact same crap he typed right after the trade.

Originally posted by bubba9497

it's not "what he said"

but

"how he said it"

Exactly. He was basically gobbling Ray Lewis' knob, and seemed to give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt, while the Redskins basically just sucked ass and always will.

Not very objective from the fat ass. You'd think maybe he would learn but no, he just hates us. Whatever. Like we need some fat, non-football playing, non-athletic, no talent whatsoever, 12 sandwich eating **** talking us up.

I'm hungry, and I'm going to the 7-11.

Originally posted by Funkyalligator

This is actually a half way decent article by Lenny the Hut....I am shocked.....this never happens

I agree. I give credit where credit is due and I'll lambast his a$$ when justified. This is the first year in may years that I have kept my expectations to a minimum. I am sick and tired of nearly busting a blood vessel over my beloved 'skins and this year I will be highly critical of them.

Well first, Pasquarelli is a fat f*ck. But getting beyond that, he's an idiot who has a huge bias against this team, just by making pronouncements after a scrimmage. It wasn't even an exhibition game.

And I guarantee you, to those who didn't think this article was s*it, that if the we'd lit it up, his first excuse for us lighting it up would have been that it was a scrimmage and would have immediately dismissed it.

Assuming there is actually a way to light it up in a scrimmage.

He was accurate in what he said. I don't see what the fuss is.

He had some positive remarks in there like what a good coach Williams is, how good a player Taylor is and Cooley too.

I suppose some people just want all positive articles. We do have problems on the offense. The line has problems. We hope they're fixed, but the only real evidence we have at the moment is the Ravens scrimmage and that doesn't exactly point to the issues being corrected on the O-Line. What he wrote is true.

I agree that we should've kept Champ over Lavar. Linebackers, in a 4-3 defense, are a dime-a-dozen, but corners are much harder to come by. We had the 9th overall pick and needed LB and CB. Which way did we go? Corner of course, because you get those guys when you can and any way you can.

If we want the media to stop having this kind of ammunition for articles, we need to make better personnel decisions and our play on the field needs to leave no room for sly remarks.

What have we done to earn the media's respect?

If you think the Redskins are the only team that gets made fun of in the media, you flat out wrong.

Many on here just whine when all of the "improvements" they see the team made in the offseason aren't pointed out by the media.

Know why they don't? Because those offseason moves need to produce results in-season before they'll say we've improved. That's with any team.

The media can see an offseason and say it was a good one, like Minnesota this year, but they still pretty much reserve judgement until the wins start coming in.

It's us fans that get such high expectations from offseason moves. We're the one's who see improvement before it has had a chance to result in more wins.

In defense of the media, we've had quite a few nice looking offseasons that resulted in zero improvement once the regular season gets here.

Gibbs and Bugle are going to have to prove to everybody that they still have it before they're going to get the positive press again. And frankly, that's fair.

Archived