Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ideal Clutch QB Situation (Current QB's)

footballhenry

Oh, I know Tom Brady has done it time and time again. He is the most obvious choice. Dont be fooled by Peyton Mannings flashiness and stats, I would choose Brett Favre over Manning. I suppose of the current slew of NFL starters it would go:

1. Tom Brady

2. Brett Favre

3. Peyton Manning

4. Michael Vick

Tom Brady, lock the thread. 9-0 in the playoffs. 3 rings. Proven it each and every time. There is NO OTHER choice. Shoot, you might be hell bent to not put Brady in the list of the top 3 of All-time.

Anyone who tries to argue Peyton Manning (and there will be a few as there always is) has mental problems.

Well, If I was an NFL-Head Coach, I would love to have a super-smart guy as my QB.

Especially in the Super Bowl, where smarts are everything. A Super-Smart QB that is also a veteran.

Who comes to mind when I use the word super smart ?

For me, it is a given, Mark Brunell is my quarterback. He has all the smarts and experience.

*Eh hem*

All homer-ness aside, I choose Brady.

(I voted Boo-Nell!)

Peyton Manning.

I love the rings arguement - it's so ridiculous. Put Peyton Manning on the Patriots, and they have 4 rings. Put Tom Brady on the Colts, and you have a team that struggles to make the playoffs on a yearly basis.

Manning is the best QB in football. Brady is the QB on the best team in football. It's amazing how many folks can't distinguish between the two.

Originally posted by GrimReefa

Peyton Manning.

I love the rings arguement - it's so ridiculous. Put Peyton Manning on the Patriots, and they have 4 rings. Put Tom Brady on the Colts, and you have a team that struggles to make the playoffs on a yearly basis.

Manning is the best QB in football. Brady is the QB on the best team in football. It's amazing how many folks can't distinguish between the two.

When has Peyton Manning EVER shown you the qualities of a clutch QB in a pressure situation? Actually, all he has shown HIS ENTIRE CAREER INCLUDING COLLEGE is that he shrivels when the lights are the brightest.

But, I guess it's easy to just suspend reality and say Manning would have the same championships as Brady if he was on the Pats. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Westbrook36

When has Peyton Manning EVER shown you the qualities of a clutch QB in a pressure situation? Actually, all he has shown HIS ENTIRE CAREER INCLUDING COLLEGE is that he shrivels when the lights are the brightest.

But, I guess it's easy to just suspend reality and say Manning would have the same championships as Brady if he was on the Pats. :rolleyes:

His entire career including college, Peyton Manning has had to play teams that, quite simply, were better than his. Steve Spurrier's Florida teams were better than Manning's Tennessee teams, and now Brady's Patriots are better than Manning's Colts.

Unless Manning somehow finds a way to play all 22 positions, it's stupid to say that he is responsible for his team's losses in the postseason.

Let's put it this way...off the field issues aside, would you trade TO for the Patriots best WR?

BUT WHO HAS THE RINGS????

The QB is most responsible for his teams success, correct? I can see throwing away a one hit wonder like Dilfer or Williams. This is a guy who has been the best player on the field, THREE TIMES, in the biggest game.

Are you in denial? Have you actually watched the playoff games of the Pats during the three SB years?

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Tom Brady, lock the thread. 9-0 in the playoffs. 3 rings. Proven it each and every time. There is NO OTHER choice. Shoot, you might be hell bent to not put Brady in the list of the top 3 of All-time.

Anyone who tries to argue Peyton Manning (and there will be a few as there always is) has mental problems.

Hey WB, I know who I wouldn't want in that situation! ;)

Originally posted by jrockster77

Remember the superbowl?

Throwing up is a direct response to being concussed which has been reported to happen to McNabb when Seymour drove his arm into his head early in the game.

Anyway, McNabb or any QB on your roster, who you taking, Jrock? ;)

I'll take Brady over any of them, that's for sure. I'd take McNabb over Manning because McNabb has delivered in pressure playoff situations before. Someone tell me when Manning has....

The QB is most responsible for his teams success, correct? I can see throwing away a one hit wonder like Dilfer or Williams. This is a guy who has been the best player on the field, THREE TIMES, in the biggest game.

VERY debatable. In the first SB, Brady threw for 145 yards and 1 TD. I would say that Ty Law and Kurt Warner both had better games than Brady.

In the second SB, Brady was the best player.

In the third Super Bowl, Terrell Owens and Deion Branch were both better than Brady.

I'll take Brady over any of them, that's for sure. I'd take McNabb over Manning because McNabb has delivered in pressure playoff situations before. Someone tell me when Manning has....

Define "pressure playoff situation".

If you mean, beating up on a team which you are clearly better than, which is the only defintion of "pressure playoff situation" in which McNabb has ever delivered, then I'll point you to Manning's performance last postseason against the Broncos, when he threw for 458 yards and 4 TDs, and an 81.8 completion %. If you mean beating a team that you weren't supposed to wipe the floor with, McNabb hasn't delivered in that situation, either.

Archived