Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Toughest Division this season

Dallsux

No offense, but some of y'all need to put the crack pipe down. The AFC West are all legit contenders? The Raiders suck. Having Randy Moss does not turn everything around magically. They still have Kerry Collins at QB, so it doesn't matter who they got at WR. Their front line can't block. The defense is horrendous. And they still have Norv Turner as the head coach.

As far as Kansas City goes, they have no defense. Sure they made some changes, but I'm not convinced that they improved. Their offense is not as high-powered as it used to be. The league has figured them out.

I think San Diego was a fluke last year. As soon as they got to the playoffs last season, they got bounced out in their first game. And it was at home.

Denver is a good team, but I would not call them a contender. They are not in the league of Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, New England, etc.

The AFC West won't do much this year. I think that each of the NFC East Teams will win atleast 2 games against that division. Philly will sweep them, Redskins win 3 (only because they will have a bad game against one of them), and Dallas and New York will each win 2.

Originally posted by a_good_brotha

Denver is a good team, but I would not call them a contender. They are not in the league of Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, New England, etc.

Denver may not be as good as the teams in the AFC that should win their Division, but IMO are the worst of the bunch in the AFC west.

Do you believe that Cleveland, Tennessee, and Miami are better ?

I noticed that the AFCE is getting its fair amount of love here which may or may not be warranted.

Lets see....

The Defending SB Champions New England Patriots -

Losses

Ted Washington (who was more of an emotional leader at this point but nonetheless)

David Patten, we all know about him.

Tedy Bruschi - Unfortunate issue with his health.

OC - Moved to become the HC at ND

DC - Moved to become the HC for another NFL squad.

Ty Law who is reported to be looking seriously at working for the enemy (Jets)

I see potential issues with this team. Sorry but I do.

The Jets - Pennington coming of an injury to his throwing arm and still doesnt look very good presently. Loss of a key contributor and goalline player in Jordan, Abraham holding out, Abraham retired, Traded for a bum toe receiver, Hmmm...

The Dolphins, Rookie NFL HC, Although the D should still be pretty solid. They have a holdout at RB, and recovering Weedologist. And Gus at QB ? I barely remember him even playing for the Redskins.

The Bills who have a great set of LBs and solid D overall. Have an average at best OL (At least when it comes to pass protection), underachieving WRs, a RB who should be pretty solid, and a QB that is essentially a Rookie not named Big Ben.

I am far from sold that this is the best division in football.

Now if we are talking about defensively as a division they would warrent serious consideration, as would the AFCN.

Originally posted by Warhead36

I'd say AFC West because every team has a legit shot at the playoffs.

If that's the criteria, I gotta go with the NFC West. (cough, hack)

Oh wait, the poll question asked about the Toughest Division! We won't really know until halfway through the season, but from here, I'd say it's a coin flip between AFC North and AFC South.

Seems to be between AFC West and AFC East - I think the love for the NFC east is homerism

Oakland- No defense and Kerry Collins at QB, bottom 5 coach

Kansas City-No defense great offense,

Denver- average at QB and Defense, in a pinch Plummer will throw an int.

San Diego- good O best RB in game, good defense but last year 31 against the pass. Shottzie will never win a playoff game.

versus

New England- SB champs, best coach in league, best QB in league

great RB, good defense lost Ted Washington but have great DT drafted last year to replace him. lost Bruschi but picked up good LB to replace him. Again best coach in division.

Jets- underrated coach, great motivator and planner weak in game situations. QB played well enough to win with the injury, and looks good in return after surgery. Still have very good OL and CMartin underrated all time RB. Very good defense with a hole at CB about to be fixed by ty law.

Miami- no QB but running game will surprize OL coach Houck does miracles every year. Defense still very good.

Buffalo, only holdup is QB, WRs are very good, RB very good, they went 9-7 last year and should repeat with a top 3 defense.

betweenthese two divisions its not even close

Other than Miami, who is capable of trippin' up some playoff teams, the AFC East is the most stacked. 12 wins might be enough to win that division. The AFC West has too many questionable teams, KC and Oakland's defense, San Diego's passing and Denver's inconsistency. The most wide-open division is either the NFC North or NFC West, because it's football.

Originally posted by a_good_brotha

No offense, but some of y'all need to put the crack pipe down. The AFC West are all legit contenders? The Raiders suck. Having Randy Moss does not turn everything around magically. They still have Kerry Collins at QB, so it doesn't matter who they got at WR. Their front line can't block. The defense is horrendous. And they still have Norv Turner as the head coach.

As far as Kansas City goes, they have no defense. Sure they made some changes, but I'm not convinced that they improved. Their offense is not as high-powered as it used to be. The league has figured them out.

I think San Diego was a fluke last year. As soon as they got to the playoffs last season, they got bounced out in their first game. And it was at home.

The AFC West won't do much this year. I think that each of the NFC East Teams will win atleast 2 games against that division. Philly will sweep them, Redskins win 3 (only because they will have a bad game against one of them), and Dallas and New York will each win 2.

Didn't KC also pick up Freddie Mitchell? That won't help their cause either.

Originally posted by RayLewis

AFC north is a strong defense-offense teams, whoever wins it is goin to superbowl,Steelers gonna be better with roelithlisburger gettin better. and ravens got some offense. be a good division playoff game.

Is that prison-speak?

AFC West. All 4 teams are playoff caliber.

The Cheifs have won games on souly offense for years. Now they have some new defensive players to take them further if not make them stronger.

The Chargers are a team full of young talent that suprised everyone last year and will only get better. Their draft was great.

The Broncos have the 5th rated defense and will always have a running game. Tatum Bell is going to be a suprise player this year.

The Raiders, even with Norv, will have a downright terrifying offense. That's one of the few teams I wouldn't want to touch with a ten foot poll, because there's no telling what you'll get out of that offense. The D is suspect right now, but the WR core is the best in the leauge.

Not one of these teams I'd want to see in the playoffs. Not one.

if we are talking about toughest in the sense of the best 4 teams, i have to go AFC East, if we are talking about the most competitive with the best games and likely 9-7 division winner, i'd go with the NFC North. i think that league is going to beat up on eachother the way everyone thought the NFC East was going to last year.

Archived