Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Toughest guy in sports?

Spaceman Spiff

Anyone read the latest espn magazine? it's got mat hoffman on the cover, a BMXer. His story is insane, i really suggest reading the article. He's been knocked out over 100 times, broken 60 bones, torn his acl a bunch of times...he talks about helping a doctor putting a fake ligament in his knee without anesthesia and holding the drill while the doctor changed the bit...

I know some people don't count extremesports as real sports, but whatever...this dudes an incredible athlete and sounds tougher than anyone else...he gets my vote as toughest athlete in sports....who gets yours?

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

... He's been knocked out over 100 times, broken 60 bones, torn his acl a bunch of times...he talks about helping a doctor putting a fake ligament in his knee without anesthesia and holding the drill while the doctor changed the bit...

OK, you've convinced me! :laugh:

This guy's even tougher than Laverneoueaueios Coles, the legendary ex-Redskin who played valiantly all year, despite suffering a debilitating sore toe. :cheers:

Originally posted by In Flames

what about the dude that cut off his own arm to save his life rock climbing. that's pretty tough imo!!

Yea that was badass, I was talking to a guy at work about it, and how the guy was saying he hadnt eatin in days, hadnt had water in atleast 2 days, said it was pretty easy cutting until the bone which he had to break in half and then finish cutting the rest of his arm. Then he had to walk for miles out of the canyon and go find help. Like a real life Saw (the movie)

Archived