Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In your honest opinion...

herman

Originally posted by topdogbran

Here's my take...and since I don't have a job as a front office person it ain't worth the paper it's printed on....nonetheless:

I believe the team is better for two main reasons, the first being continuity which I really don't need to explain. The other is less quantifiable, but encompasses most of the major issues the media has latched onto during this offseason....the concept of Team.

First, Smoot and Pierce had to go because Gibb is effecting a change in the model of compensation in this organization. They're not going to overpay people anymore beyond what is equitable relative to the other personnel and what they feel the top dollar value per position is. Unfortunately, Smoot and Pierce were first victims...somebody had to be. The outcome of this over time should be a fairer system where the team is emphasized, not the individual... That's a seed change in the culture of the team and, ultimately its identity.

The second major part of that is the jettisoning of players not buying into the system. Exit Coles and Gardner. I personally don't think dumping Coles was a problem. We got a decent player in return and ate the entire cap hit this year. Another example of a team move...getting the rid of the players who don't believe in what we're trying to get done here.

Third, no splashy moves in free agency. Deliberate and calculate acquisitions...Rabach, free safety and lineback depth. Just excellent decision making there IMO.

Lastly, the topic of Jason Campbell. Again, I see this in a positive light, while most berate the move as destabilizing and under cutting Ramsey as the incumbent. Listen, we've got a QB in Ramsey that's proven nothing. He'll have at least year to prove he's the guy and take this team to the promise land, as Gibbs put it. If he can't, we've got a solid QB prospect with a ton of physical skills, who's already spent a year learning the system. If, we wait until after we find out Ramsey can't cut it and THEN draft a QB, we lose a lot of time.

Now I'm sure there's a counter arguement to every point I made. But you asked for opinions and that's how I've viewed this offseason...establishing a sense of equity, an emphasis on team, and smart acquisitions.

Anyone who argues with your logic should be shot on site! :D I wholeheartedly agree. :cheers:

Originally posted by Art

What I'm asking you is after your complaint that for a guy who has played one good year we gave him so much money to answer how much money we gave him. You said he was given $11 million guaranteed. In fact, he wasn't given that at all. He was, however, given an amount that WAS guaranteed. How much was that?

And, he was given an additional amount he can earn if he doesn't stink it up. How much was that?

I don't know then, all I know is what I said. If I am wrong then I am more than happy to admit that I was wrong. But I actually did some searching and I can't find any additional information. How much was it? And where does that rank among active WRs?

You know what, let me just change my statement so I don't piss off Art anymore.

"I have no facts to back my claim up, but it is my opinion that Santana Moss was overpaid by the Redskins."

P.S. ART is GOD :notworthy

;)

But seriously I would like to know the answer to Art's question. Because I cannot find it. Also does anyone know where that ranks him among WR's?

Originally posted by VaBeachSkinzFan

You know what, let me just change my statement so I don't piss off Art anymore.

"I have no facts to back my claim up, but it is my opinion that Santana Moss was overpaid by the Redskins."

P.S. ART is GOD :notworthy

;)

But seriously I would like to know the answer to Art's question. Because I cannot find it. Also does anyone know where that ranks him among WR's?

No offense, but, if you can't find it, you're not trying hard. Here's Nunyo's last quote on the issue.

According to sources with knowledge of Santana Moss's contract extension -- worth about $31 million over six years -- the wide receiver received a signing bonus of $3 million, meaning that the Redskins theoretically could release him before next season without much of a cap hit. However, Moss has bonuses due by March 2006 worth roughly $8 million -- a $7 million option bonus plus a $910,000 roster bonus -- which will almost certainly be triggered. Those figures can become guaranteed this season if Moss were to suffer a career-threatening injury or reach a minimal level of performance involving playing time, touchdowns and receptions...

This is located here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=102229&highlight=Nunyo+Moss

No one has bothered to tell us what the "minimal level of performance" is. I've heard it suggested it's VERY LOW and I've heard it suggested it's approximately what he did last year. I don't know which it is. In either case, the team gave him a relatively small bonus and should he just outright be horrid, can release him with minimal worry.

Originally posted by Art

No offense, but, if you can't find it, you're not trying hard. Here's Nunyo's last quote on the issue.

This is located here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=102229&highlight=Nunyo+Moss

No one has bothered to tell us what the "minimal level of performance" is. I've heard it suggested it's VERY LOW and I've heard it suggested it's approximately what he did last year. I don't know which it is. In either case, the team gave him a relatively small bonus and should he just outright be horrid, can release him with minimal worry.

Well than I stand corrected.

You know what my first problem was on trying to find the info? I didn't use Extremeskins. I tried using Yahoo and Google. I went everywhere looking for the rescources and they were right here in front of me.:laugh:

Thanks for correcting me, I'm sure it won't be the last time.:D

Archived