Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruschi out for season

Gotta hate it when bad stuff happens to good guys :(

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2112630

Patriots linebacker recovering

ESPN.com news services

Tedy Bruschi, who suffered a stroke in February, will not play this season, the New England Patriots said Wednesday.

Bruschi

Stacey James, a spokesman for the team, said in a statement that the linebacker will focus on rehabbing and his family.

"His health has improved steadily during the past five months and Tedy continues to make daily improvements with his on-going rehabilitation," James said.

Rookies were scheduled to report for training camp Wednesday, with veterans arriving July 28.

Bruschi suffered a stroke on Feb. 16, less than two weeks after the Patriots won their third Super Bowl in four seasons.

I know that the only gaurantee of a contract is the signing bonus but they cant cut him if he is injured right? I remember that he negotiated his last contract and for this type of guy I hope he gets to keep all of his money. Just wondering if he will get this years salary no matter what.

Originally posted by warren

What a shame. I'll say it again...whenever I see a story about Brushchi...all I can think of is him and his kids running around on the field before last years superbowl! Just glad he is recovering!

Exact same thing here, that clip always comes to mind. He seems like a really classy guy, and I wish him the best.

man, the Patriots would hear too much outcry if Bruschi is just flat our released. They will probably keep him on IR, they wont take any cap hit, if there was one, and wont have to pay salary I believe. I think he should just officially retire, he's in his mid-30s, and has 3 rings, what more could you ask for?

Archived