Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Home Record

Since it's offseason, I thought I'd crunch some numbers and give something to talk about.

Since the Redskins have came to JKC/Washington Field/FedEx Field the Redskins have had a home record of 34-29-1 (from 1997-2004).

At least a winning record but on a winning % of .531

What's worse is that our 2 losing seasons have been in 03' and 04' (both 3-5 records). While we have had 3 even seasons (98',00' and 01') and 3 winning seasons (97',99' and 02').

What's even more worse is vs NFCE opponents at home.

vs Dallas: 2-6

vs Eagles: 3-5

vs Giants: 4-3-1

I think part of this is due to opposing fans at FedEx, so we need to continue to make FedEx Redskins solid as possible.

Also, if we can go 3-0 (or at least 2-1) with the NFCE at home, we have a good shot of trying to have a winning record.

I'm not sure what it is.....but I miss RFK (even though, I never have been to a game there). The Redskins won there, so does (or did) the United and now the Nats.

RFK is just a magical place.

I can't wait for the opener vs. Da Bears

:evil: BRING ON THE 12th MAN:evil:

Ah the RFK myth.

Here's the Skins record at RFK after Joe Gibbs left and the team started to slip.

1993 3-5

1994 0-8 (Boy RFK was a special place that year)

1995 4-4

1996 5-3

total 12-20

Yup RFK was a real home field advantage.

How about the 1st 8 seasons of football at RFK/DC Stadium?

1961 1-6

1962 3-4

1963 1-6

1964 4-3

1965 3-4

1966 4-3

1967 2-4-1

1968 3-4

total 21-34-1

I'm sure fans back then were saying RFK stinks. It's nothing but a modern cookie cutter stadium that has none of the "magic" of Griffith Stadium.

It's the team, not the stadium or the fans. When you have a good team...you'll have a good home record and rowdy fans.

Check out home games for the Packers in the 70's or 80's.

Or how about check out Patriot games in the early 90's.

I've never had a better feeling about our season than this year... FED EX is gonna rock... just make sure everyone does the wave when were on defense! I hate it when ppl do it when were on offense... it distracts Ramsey...

Anyway... I look forward to at least being 4-2 in the division and 3-0 at home

Funny how the season opener is always so insane every year. It's like every fan at the game has been in such withdrawl for the last 8 months that there is this huge explosion when a release is available. I love it. Those of you who were at the opener last year when Clinton Portis broke the 64 yarder know what FedEx can be like. Same thing with the opener vs. the Jets. On 3rd downs that night, FedEx was a mad house.

Sorry Chicago, but the Bears are screwed. I CAN NOT WAIT! ! ! !

We will begin tailgating at 6:30 AM.

Originally posted by cowboykilla

Funny how the season opener is always so insane every year. It's like every fan at the game has been in such withdrawl for the last 8 months that there is this huge explosion when a release is available. I love it. Those of you who were at the opener last year when Clinton Portis broke the 64 yarder know what FedEx can be like. Same thing with the opener vs. the Jets. On 3rd downs that night, FedEx was a mad house.

Sorry Chicago, but the Bears are screwed. I CAN NOT WAIT! ! ! !

We will begin tailgating at 6:30 AM.

Yep, I was there last year and it was incredible.....I only saw about 5-10 Bucs fans total.

It was an incredible game.....as for the RFK comments I made earlier, I love FedEx---I argue with with friends (Ravens fans) about how I think FedEx is better than M&T.

However, we struggle against NFCE teams here....period.

That can be for multiple reasons (lack of continuity, decent coaching), but I think the fact that Eagles, Cowboys and Giants (also add Ravens to that mix--- anybody at Redskins vs Ravens last year at FedEx will attest to that) fans show up with no or little problems getting tickets make FedEx less of a home field.

This topic has been discussed multiple times here at ES, but just bringing up the point again since not much else is going on.

Originally posted by Punu

Screw it.... lets start tailgating now... meet me at the FED EX in an hour, bring food and water ... we'll be sitt'n there till our first home pre season game:logo:

Y'know....if I didn't have a job and my wife wouldn't kill me for doing it, I'd be there......:D

:cheers:

One of these days, one of these days, I am somehow going to find a way to get tickets and find a way to get to DC with my young son and be there with you guys at FedEx for a game! Call me a dreamer but I am going to see it happen!

Dreams come true at FedExField!

Originally posted by Punu

Screw it.... lets start tailgating now... meet me at the FED EX in an hour, bring food and water ... we'll be sitt'n there till our first home pre season game:logo:

???

I've been here a week already, I'm posting from my laptop. I've got babybacks on the Weber. What's taking you guys so long?

Originally posted by goskins

Yep, I was there last year and it was incredible.....I only saw about 5-10 Bucs fans total.

Way back in 93 when I first went and seen the Skins play the Bucs in Tampa, that's about the amout of Bucs fans I saw there!!:laugh: :laugh:

One of these days, one of these days, I am somehow going to find a way to get tickets and find a way to get to DC with my young son and be there with you guys at FedEx for a game! Call me a dreamer but I am going to see it happen!

Now that's a cause I will help in any freak'n way I can!

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

People have to remember how nuts FedEx was in 1999 vs. the Lions. It will be like that again if we're a similar game. No worries on this end!

Amen, brother. I brought my camcorder to that game, the crowd was unbelievable, I have it all on tape. Anybody that says FedExField can't rock missed that game.

oh i was there too! my buddy and I spent the night in fed ex.... great year! remember that first sack? remember Brad against porcher? ohhhhhhhh memories....

oh and mark the homer... I'll bring my laptop, c u there...:D

Archived