Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i know it's early, my first fantasy football team...

AJWatson3

let me know what you think. over-all or by position, whatever.

10 team league

lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF

scoring: 6 points for all TD's, 1 point per 50 yards passing, -3 for INT's, -3 for lost fumbles, -1 for fumbles, 1 point per 20 yards rushing or receiving, 3 points for all FG's 49 yards and shorter, 4 points for all FG's 50 yards and longer, defensive points are vast and complicated

i drafted 3rd (first two picks were Peyton Manning and LaDanian Tomlinson)

QB

Matt Hasselbeck (round 6/pick 58)

Brian Greise (13/123)

RB

Shaun Alexander (1/3)

Rudi Johnson (2/18)

LaMont Jordon (4/38)

Michael Bennett (8/78)

WR

Torry Holt (3/23)

Jerry Porter (5/43)

Steve Smith (7/63)

Jimmy Smith (9/83)

Lee Evans (11/103)

TE

Heath Miller (10/98)

LJ Smith (14/138)

K

Nate Kaeding SD (15/143)

DEF

Washington Redskins! (12/118)

it was either him or Priest Holmes, and his injury history worries me more. Alexander loves SEA, and SEA needs Alexander. if they didn't intend on re-signing him i think they would have gotten a RB in this years draft. there was incredible depth at the position and they didn't take even one RB...

Lee Evans in the 11th may very well turn out to be the steal of the draft...if JP pans out. How many teams are in your league?

And I like Rudi Johnson at number 2; he's going to go off this year. I'd rather have Chad, but Rudi is good. LaMont Jordan at 4 may have been a stretch....I think he would have been available a little later. But, like I said, it didn't matter because you got Lee Evans in the 11th!

Pretty good, I'd say! :cheers:

Originally posted by jrockster77

Lee Evans in the 11th may very well turn out to be the steal of the draft...if JP pans out. How many teams are in your league?

And I like Rudi Johnson at number 2; he's going to go off this year. I'd rather have Chad, but Rudi is good. LaMont Jordan at 4 may have been a stretch....I think he would have been available a little later. But, like I said, it didn't matter because you got Lee Evans in the 11th!

Pretty good, I'd say! :cheers:

10 team league. i almost had a shot to get Marvin Harrison with the 3rd pick of the 3rd round, but he and Chad Johnson went back-to-back. i was pissed, but didn't mind taking Holt there.

i am happy about Evans where i got him, especially since Moulds went 3 or 4 rounds earlier. but you are right, it's all about Losman and their OL.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Great team. I'd have went somewhere else with the 3rd pick in the draft at RB.

You mean not taken Alexander? Who would you have taken, Westbrook? ;)

Just kidding. But really, who would you have taken instead? Alexander has been a top fantasy back for a long time! I think he was a great pick.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

He is great but Petyon went number 1, meaning you'd have had your pick of any back you wanted. Tomlinson, McGahee certainly would have been picked before Alexander, who I think will be scaled back somewhat this year by Holmgren.

Tomlinson was the second pick he said. But I'm not sold on McGahee as a first round pick. I would definitely snatch him up in the second if he's available. Maybe in the first depending on where I picked, I guess, but not at number 3. There are still a lot of questions with him. Will his knee hold up? How will he do with 8 men in the box?

Who knows...I was actually going to try and pick him up in my fantasy league draft (late August), but we'll see. I'll probably gamble on him being available in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Originally posted by AJWatson3

i am happy about Evans where i got him, especially since Moulds went 3 or 4 rounds earlier. but you are right, it's all about Losman and their OL.

Evans has a lot of potential and he makes plays. I watched a lot of Bills games last year with my Buffalonian roommate, and it seemed like every time he got the ball it was a first down or a touchdown.

Rudi Johnson is solid...he helped carry my team with some monster games last year. The concern is his consistency, some games he just gets 50 yards and no TD's.

But I like Rudi's chances this year...he got a nice commitment from the Bengals this year...and the whole offense should be better.

Heath Miller is an interesting choice....a rookie TE in Pittsburgh where they haven't been know to exactly open up the offense.

But it's a solid team. Definitely a contender if everyone is healthy.

i dont rely on the draft too much, may find a starting RB and QB, but the first week definitely puts out some new people. Antonio Gates was definitely a huge helper for me in the first week as a pickup. I think youre pretty set with that lineup, though receivers are iffy after Holt, but Porter may prevail as well.

i just felt the need to do a draft the other day and heres my team.....

2 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, te, k, def, 2 def players

matt hasselback, patrick ramsey

ladanian tomlinson, ronnie brown

marvin harrison, chad johnson

alge crumpler

sebastian janikowski

ravens D

dwight freeney, julius peppers

bench: jp losman, santana moss, warrick dunn, bubba franks, josh brown, minesota D, sean taylor

Originally posted by The Showstopper

i just felt the need to do a draft the other day and heres my team.....

2 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, te, k, def, 2 def players

matt hasselback, patrick ramsey

ladanian tomlinson, ronnie brown

marvin harrison, chad johnson

alge crumpler

sebastian janikowski

ravens D

dwight freeney, julius peppers

bench: jp losman, santana moss, warrick dunn, bubba franks, josh brown, minesota D, sean taylor

That's a pretty nice team, maybe a little weak at quarterback, but you're stacked at receiver and on defense.

Archived